These Easy Gluten-Free Vegan General Tso’s Cauliflower Wings taste just like your favorite Chinese takeout order! They are crispy, deliciously battered, and are coated in a General Tso Sauce!
Baked instead of fried, this General Tso’s Cauliflower recipe is easy, healthy, and full of flavor.
We were starting to think cauliflower recipes were beginning to go out of style, or perhaps that people had exhausted all of the cauliflower recipes they could think of (cauliflower pizza dough, cauliflower rice, cauliflower soup, etc., etc.), but, then again, that really would never happen right?
For instance, I am a huge cauliflower lover. Why wouldn’t I be? Cauliflower is so versatile…you can make ANYTHING with it!
If you’re in need of a good Asian cauliflower recipe, look no further than this General Tso’s Cauliflower Recipe!
If this sticky sauce doesn’t turn you into a cauliflower lover, then I don’t know what will.
Do you like Cauliflower?
If yes, how do you like to eat it/cook it? Let me know! I am obsessed with it right now, so any ideas and recipes are welcomed!
You can also check out some of my other cauliflower recipe!
Oh, and do let me know how you found this Easy Gluten-Free Vegan General Tso’s Cauliflower Wings if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Gluten-Free Vegan General Tso's Cauliflower Wings
- 1 Large Cauliflower head rinsed and divided into florets and then blanched in boiling hot water for 5 minutes and drained
- Cauliflower coating:
- 2 Cups/240g plain Flour/ GF flour
- 2 1/2 Cups/612ml dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp salt 1/2
- Tsp baking Powder
- Sticky TSO Sauce:
- 2 tbsp of vegan butter
- 2 tbsp of minced ginger
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp of cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup/118ml of tamari sauce or soy sauce for none gf
- 1 1/4 cups of water/300ml
- 2 1/2 tbsp of ginger powder
- 1/4 cup/ 85ml of maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar apple cider vinegar will also work
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Mix all the ingredients under the cauliflower coating list (Basically, you want a thick paste that can coat the cauliflower, so add just enough liquid to make a thick paste, the amount I have given is just a guide number) and coat the cauliflower florets with the floury/milk paste then place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, then flip them and bake for another 20 minutes. ( they will look golden and crisp)
- Meanwhile, cook the sticky sauce: Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan, then add all the ingredients under the list of TSO sauce. Bring to a simmer, then stir until it reaches a sticky thick-ish consistency. About 5 minutes. let me sauce cool off for 3 minutes, then coat the baked florets onto the sticky sauce. Serve over rice, or as a side dish. Enjoy.