These Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters are gluten-free, crisp on the outside, and soft and flavourful on the inside! All in under 25 minutes.
These vegan zucchini fritters aka vegan courgette fritters, better are on your list. They are definitely on the list of perfect crispy soft summer meals, all made in under 25 minutes.
It would be a shame not to make these vegan zucchini fritters, given how simple they are. First, grate the zucchini, squeezing out as much water as possible. Then, mix all the ingredients, and put them in the pan. Simple. The key is squeezing the water out of the zucchini, which is up to 95% water content. This will ensure that your fritters are nice and crispy on the outside, but still soft and oh so incredibly delicious on the inside. Just reading this, I’m getting hungry all over again, and I’ve had a whole batch of these already…Oops.
You will know what I mean once you make these…you will be surprised how quickly these fritters will disappear from the pan!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters if you try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters
- 4 cups/600g of grated zucchini + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup/61g of coconut flour + more if needed gram flour, or gluten-free flour will work just fine
- 2 flax eggs - 2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- Add the grated zucchini to a cheesecloth or thin kitchen towel in a colander over your kitchen sink. Sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon of salt and leave to drain for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. This is a crucial step to not making your fritters soggy!
- Add to a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients until just combined.
- Form fritter balls the size of 2 tablespoons and slightly flatten them on a plate or baking sheet with your fingers until you get about 10.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Add the zucchini fritters, leaving some space between each, and cook on each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook for another for minutes.
- Serve with some vegan sour cream, lime crema or vegan greek yogurt and lime wedges to squeeze over. Enjoy!