These Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters are gluten-free, crisp on the outside, and soft and flavourful on the inside! All in under 25 minutes.
I love zucchinis, okay, I really do. They are watery, almost flavourless, but when prepared right, they can be super yummy and satisfactory. They perfect low calorie alternative to many things, like pasta for example.
Have you ever thought of zucchini fritters? I didn’t either, until last week. When you have too much of something leftover, you get creative.
These fritters are super heathy and comes together quick too. They perfect for any meal, side dish, or for a main dish with some plant based protein added to it. Oh, also work as a snack too. They are perfectly dipped in some sauce.
The most important step in making these vegan zucchini fritters, is to drain off all the excess water from the grated zucchinis. That is what will make or break your recipe. So squeeze that stuff out.
Anyway! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Do let me know how you found these Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters if you try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Vegan Zucchini Recipes:
1. Oil-Free Roasted Zucchini & Garlic Soup
2. Oil-Free Roasted Potatoes With Zucchini
3. Vegan ‘Parmesan’ Baked Zucchini Fries
Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Zucchini Fritters
- 4 cups/600g of grated zucchini + 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup/61g of coconut flour + more if needed gram flour, or gluten-free flour will work just fine
- 2 flax eggs - 2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- Add the grated zucchini to a cheesecloth or thin kitchen towel in a colander over your kitchen sink. Sprinkle with the 1 teaspoon of salt and leave to drain for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. This is a crucial step to not making your fritters soggy!
- Add to a bowl and mix in all the other ingredients until just combined.
- Form fritter balls the size of 2 tablespoons and slightly flatten them on a plate or baking sheet with your fingers until you get about 10.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Add the zucchini fritters, leaving some space between each, and cook on each side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook for another for minutes.
- Serve with some vegan sour cream, lime crema or vegan greek yogurt and lime wedges to squeeze over. Enjoy!
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023