These Easy Healthier Fluffy Vegan Pancakes are perfect for the upcoming Shrove Tuesday, or just for any day, you fancy pancakes! They are crispy, fluffy and absolutely delicious!
Being Vegan doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy having pancakes on Shrove Tuesday, or pancakes at all!
You don’t need the dairy and eggs to make these delicious pancakes and believe me, they are even more yummy and healthier!
These pancakes are a recipe I have been experimenting with for a while. I LOVE pancakes that are light and fluffy and thick, but still simple enough to whip up in the morning.
The most important thing about making these pancakes is to make sure you have a NONE-STICK frying pan! Trust me, I made the mistake of using an old frying pan, and the pancakes stuck to the bottom and i just wanted to cry at that moment, because I was dying for pancakes that morning!
1 cup/ 236g almond milk or non-dairy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
100g/ 1 cup of ground almonds flour
100g/1 cup of all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of oil
1. Combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar, stirring well. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
3. Add the oil to the milk mixture and stir. Then pour into the dry mixture.
4. Mix until JUST combined. Lumps are okay! Do not over-mix.
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan to medium heat. Spray oil lightly onto the pan. It’s really, really important that you use a non-stick frying pan, otherwise, your pancakes will stick to the bottom, and you will end up with a pancake mess!
6. Using scoop batter into round pancake shapes, leaving some room for spreading. I usually do 2 at a time. BE PATIENT! Let it cook until bubbles rise to the surface then burst, and the edges start to look cooked. Take a peek underneath and if it is golden, flip to the other side. Cook about 30 seconds-1 minute on the other side (the second side takes much less time to cook).
Serve these Easy Healthier Fluffy Vegan Pancakes with fruit and maple syrup if you like!