These Easy Healthier Vegan Snickers Bars are indeed a healthy alternative to the classical snickers and are vegan, and easy to make. They are refined sugar free and this homemade recipe has a sprinkle of salt for a salted caramel flavour. A clean candy bar recipe that can be made easy.
A great recipe to make with children as it doesn’t involve anything hot and you need to use your fingers. Even the dipping in chocolate is easy and fun.
These vegan snickers bars are gluten-free and oil-free too!
This recipe only needs a couple of ingredients and a bit of patience and that’s it!
3. Nut butter of your choice, best is peanut butter, as it will remind you more of the classical snickers bar.
5. Sea salt
6. Vanilla Extract
7. Chocolate! best to use dark chocolate as its healthier, but if you have a sweeter tooth, go with sweeter chocolate!
Simply make a ‘base’ out of the almonds and dates, then add the peanut butter combined with the maple syrup, vanilla, and salt and spread on top. Freeze, cut into bars, then dip them into the melted chocolate, set in the fridge and job done!
Let’s get cooking, shall we?
Just before we start, please do let us know how you found the recipe, and if you do like what you are seeing and tasting, do subscribe to our newsletter to keep getting yummy vegan recipes, or check out our Facebook page!
♥ Thank you ♥
Makes about 10-12 bars
1 cup / 150g Almonds
1 cup / 150g Dates
8 tablespoons of Almond Butter or any other nut butter you like, best chunky peanut butter of course, as it will remind you more of the classical snickers bar
4 tablespoons of Maple syrup
2 teaspoons of Sea salt
2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
8.8 oz / 250g of dark vegan Chocolate ( or sweeter chocolate if you like, obviously the darker the healthier)
Chopped nuts of your choice for decoration (optional)
1. Blend together the almonds and dates until they are broken up and combined. Spread the mixture out in a lined dish with parchment paper, ( I used an 8lb loaf tin) using your fingers.
2. Mix together the peanut butter, maple, sea salt, and vanilla. Spread the nutty salted caramel on top of the almond and date base. Place in the freezer for half an hour to firm up.
3. Remove from the freezer and chop into small bite-size squares. Melt the chocolate.
4. Hold each square with a fork over the bowl of chocolate and spoon over melted chocolate.
Sprinkle on the nuts while the chocolate is still liquid then put on a wire rack in the fridge.
Enjoy these Easy Healthier Vegan Snickers Bars straight away or store in the fridge where they will stay good for a few weeks.