These Easy Healthy Broccoli Fritters With Vegan Spiced ‘Cheddar’ Dip are so so delicious and easy to make. I absolutely love them! They taste divine, especially once dipped in the creamy vegan ‘cheddar’ dip, it absolutely blows away your tastebuds, and you go again and again until all the fritters are gone…ops!
Fritters have to be the most perfect vehicle for inhaling your veggies. The little crispy cakes stuffed with the green vegetable are addictive. Like, eat them all in one sitting good!
And let’s face it, no one cares if they’re eating broccoli or not when it’s dipped in the flavorful and creamy smokey red pepper buffalo cheddar dip. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love broccoli and have a lot of broccoli recipes to prove it! But even if you didn’t, you will love these broccoli fritters! You will never notice the hidden broccoli or veggies inside these fritters!
MAKING THE BROCCOLI FRITTERS
These Easy Healthy Broccoli Fritters With Vegan Spiced ‘Cheddar’ Dip are super easy to make as is that delectable dip. To make the fritters you first chop up the broccoli into petite florets and dice the stems, then steam them just for a few minutes until they’re *just* tender. I don’t like mushy broccoli and do not want mushy waterlogged fritters. Once tender remove the broccoli from the pot and let cool so they don’t overcook.
In a bowl and by hand whisk together the flax mixture, flour, nutritional yeast, and spices. You should have a thick and somewhat sticky batter. Fold in the steamed broccoli and some finely chopped carrots. And that’s it! Fritter batter is ready!
MAKING THE SMOKEY RED PEPPER BUFFALO CHEDDAR DIP
Now you can’t serve fritters without a dip, and might I just recommend this buffalo cheddar dip? t’s seriously amazing and I think I could just drink it straight. Mmm… The dip can be made in advance or just simultaneously to the fritters, though you want it ready to go by the time you’re done frying as fritters are best (and crispiest) hot off the skillet!
Take a roasted pepper (you can roast your own or use jarred) and blend it up with cashews (soaked for a couple hours is best but not necessary if using a high powered blender), garlic, nutritional yeast for cheesiness, oil for richness, smoked paprika for smokey peppery flavor, hot sauce for the buffalo flavor, salt, and water to get it going.
Yep, just 9 easy and pantry friendly ingredients to make this delectable dip! And that’s it. Make it early and stick it in the fridge, serve it warm or cold, make it your own!
The dip recipe does make more than you need for one batch of broccoli fritters, so probably that means you should double or triple your fritters.. or just dip everything into the cheesy dip! It’s also great spread on toast or thinned and tossed with pasta.
ENJOY YOUR FRITTERS & DIP!
These fritters are perfect for serving to guests and are great as a snack or an appetizer. They also are great for serving just to yourself, maybe double the recipe if there are two or three of you ? . I think the key here is to enjoy frequently, I mean, who doesn’t love finger food!
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE? FOLLOW ALONG ON FACEBOOK, AND PINTEREST!
FOR THE BROCCOLI FRITTERS:
3 cups/270g of broccoli, cut into mini-florets & stems diced
1 cup/225ml of plant milk
4 tablespoons of ground golden flaxseed
1/2cup / 70g of chickpea flour or regular flour, but using chickpea flour is healthier. Use gluten-free flour if needed
4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 medium carrot, minced (~1/2 cup)
oil to fry
SMOKEY RED PEPPER BUFFALO CHEDDAR DIP
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped up
1/2cup/ 75g cashews, soaked
2 small cloves of garlic, minced
1/6cup/27ml of water
One tablespoon of hot sauce like harissa or any you prefer/have
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1. Steam the broccoli: set up a steamer basket or just bring a small amount of water to a boil in a pot, add the broccoli and steam for about 3 minutes, or until the broccoli is just barely forked tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In an immersion blender or using a whisk, vigorously whisk the plant milk and ground flax until it’s frothy–about 30 seconds with the blender or longer by hand.
3. Pour the milk-flax mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the flour, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and whisk until smooth. Fold in the steamed broccoli and carrots.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low to medium heat and when hot dollop heaping tablespoons of the fritter batter into the pan.
5. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn down the heat if needed so they don’t burn. Enjoy hot with the smokey red pepper buffalo cheddar dip.
Smokey Red Pepper Buffalo Cheddar Dip:
1. In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. You may have to stop a few times, to scrape off the sides if needed, it may take a few minutes until its completely smooth.
2. It can be enjoyed hot or cold.
It’s really, really important that you use a non-stick frying pan, otherwise, the fritters will stick, and will collapse when you try to turn them! Also, handle them gently, they might be quite fragile.