These Easy Healthy Broccoli Fritters With Vegan Spiced ‘Cheddar’ Dip are so so delicious and easy to make. I absolutely love them! They taste divine, especially once dipped in the creamy vegan ‘cheddar’ dip, it absolutely blows away your taste buds.
I will tell you what, if all vegetables tasted the way these broccoli fritters do, then I promise you, I would eat broccoli and veggies all day every day, and will never ever feel the need to eat junk food.
Don’t take me wrong, I love broccoli and have a lot of broccoli recipes to prove it! But even if you didn’t, you will love these broccoli fritters! You will never notice the hidden broccoli or veggies inside these fritters!
How To Make Cheesy Broccoli Fritters:
To make the fritters you first chop up the broccoli into petite florets and dice the stems, then steam them just for a few minutes until they’re *al-dente*. I don’t like mushy broccoli or veggies in general, so be careful how long you steam/boil them for. Once the broccoli is just tender, remove the broccoli from the pot and let cool so they don’t overcook.
Once the batter is made, the broccoli is folded in, and the fritters are fried!
More Easy Recipes To Try:
1.Easy Loaded Hummus Bowl
2.Easy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad
3.Easy Raw Vegan Pea Hummus
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Broccoli Fritters With Vegan Spiced ‘Cheddar’ Dip recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
FOR THE BROCCOLI FRITTERS:
3 cups/270g of broccoli, cut into mini-florets & stems diced
1 cup/225ml of plant milk
4 tablespoons of ground golden flaxseed
1/2cup / 70g of chickpea flour or regular flour, but using chickpea flour is healthier. Use gluten-free flour if needed
4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 medium carrot, minced (~1/2 cup)
oil to fry
SMOKEY RED PEPPER BUFFALO CHEDDAR DIP
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped up
1/2cup/ 75g cashews, soaked
2 small cloves of garlic, minced
1/6cup/27ml of water
One tablespoon of hot sauce like harissa or any you prefer/have
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1. Steam the broccoli: set up a steamer basket or just bring a small amount of water to a boil in a pot, add the broccoli and steam for about 3 minutes, or until the broccoli is just barely forked tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. In an immersion blender or using a whisk, vigorously whisk the plant milk and ground flax until it’s frothy–about 30 seconds with the blender or longer by hand.
3. Pour the milk-flax mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the flour, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and whisk until smooth. Fold in the steamed broccoli and carrots.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-low to medium heat and when hot dollop heaping tablespoons of the fritter batter into the pan.
5. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side. Turn down the heat if needed so they don’t burn. Enjoy hot with the smokey red pepper buffalo cheddar dip.
Smokey Red Pepper Buffalo Cheddar Dip:
1. In a blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. You may have to stop a few times, to scrape off the sides if needed, it may take a few minutes until its completely smooth.
2. It can be enjoyed hot or cold.
It’s really, really important that you use a non-stick frying pan, otherwise, the fritters will stick, and will collapse when you try to turn them! Also, handle them gently, they might be quite fragile.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023