These Easy Healthy Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats are a healthy and delicious breakfast! Made with mostly whole food ingredients to recreate the delicious combination of coconut, almonds, and chocolate that make up a similar taste to Almond Joy Candy. Just to make your morning more joyful!
These overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast when you’re on the go. If you know me, you know I’m a huge fan of meal prepping. It saves me so much time and energy by having healthy meals at my fingertips that are easy to meal prep. ( And most importantly, it keeps me on track and helps me avoid binge-eating on unhealthy processed foods 😀 )
WHAT ARE OVERNIGHT OATS?
They’re just a fancy way of saying overnight oatmeal, or meal prepped oatmeal. They provide so much convenience because you can prep them the night before or even several days in advance. And the best part? No cooking necessary!
All you do is mix it up in a sealable container and store it in the refrigerator for at least a few hours. It softens up enough during that time that you don’t need to heat it. However, you totally can if cold oats aren’t your jam.
And if you end up making this recipe, do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me/tag me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup/45g rolled oats
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp/145ml of unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon almonds chopped
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free chocolate chips optional melted
- In a sealable small jar, whisk together all ingredients except for the toppings.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to let the oats and chia seeds absorb the liquid and thicken.
- Top with chopped almonds, shredded coconut, and an optional drizzle of chocolate when ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts are a rough estimate based on unsweetened almond milk and include the optional chocolate topping.
*In order to be gluten-free, make sure your oats are certified gluten-free.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023