These quick and easy Easy Healthy Chocolate Quinoa Bites are absolutely delicious and full of amazing health benefits. They offer healthy fats, plant-based protein, and dietary fiber.
If you have been looking for a way to eat quinoa, this is the most delicious way to eat it! Still healthy, guilt-free and all the health benefits are there!
I like having these for breakfast-on-the-go because chocolate for breakfast is always a good idea! 😀
This one-bowl recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, oil-free, and vegan. It comes together in less than 10 minutes and then you just pop them in your freezer to set. I usually do mine overnight but three hours is enough time for them to harden. You will want to enjoy these fudgy bites straight out of the freezer. This recipe works great for warmer weather months when you don’t want to use your oven. It is one of those no-fuss, go-to recipes that I just love. You are not left with a lot of mess and the results are so rewarding for minimal effort. My kind of recipe!
Also, when I am really desperate for a snack, I will just pop the bites in the fridge for an hour and eat them!
How do you like to eat your quinoa?
As this recipe suggests, I like mine covered in chocolate! 😀
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Chocolate Quinoa Bites if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Chocolate Quinoa Bites
- 1 cup/185g cooked white quinoa
- 1/4 cup25g unsweetened cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup/85g pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup/60g any unsalted nut or seed butter* sunflower, cashew, almond etc.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of tahini, chocolate optional, to drizzle if you want
- Line a small baking sheet or any flat surface with wax or parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon retractable scoop to create tiny bite-sized spoonfuls and place onto the lined baking sheet (8-10 total). Place baking sheet with the bites on a flat surface in the freezer and allow to sit for 2-3 hours s until bites are fully hardened. I usually leave overnight and enjoy the next day.
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer. The fudgy bites will start to soften at room temperature after about 7-10 minutes. I typically take them out one at a time and enjoy it immediately.
I like to drizzle my bites with tahini, or more chocolate, for a more appealing look.