This Easy Healthy Crispy Chickpea Broad Bean Salad is bursting with nutrition, fiber, protein, vitamins basically all the good stuff. This salad is creamy, satisfying, and incredibly delicious. It can be eaten hot or cold, as a main dish or a side. It can be easily packed for work too!
A delightfully crunchy and satisfying salad bursting with Mediterranean flavors, including lemon, garlic, and fresh herbs. This healthy salad is vegan and gluten-free, but mostly just delicious!
Friends, the day has arrived! The day that actually crispy roasted chickpeas (not fried) can happen in your kitchen! Like, it’s a real thing!
The magic of this easy recipe starts with cooked chickpeas. I went for canned because: easy. But I also suspect you could use home-cooked if that’s your thing.
The #1 crispy tip is to rinse, drain really well, then dry really well. Like, really, really well. The less moist (ew, sorry) the chickpeas are, the crispier they will become!
Once the chickpeas are almost crispy, we add the beans, sweetcorn, and heat through. Add to your fresh leave salad, drizzle some of that creamy tahini dressing, and you are done! Oh, if you are not bothered about gluten – throw some crispy croutons in there too.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Let’s make this amazing salad!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Crispy Chickpea Broad Bean Salad if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Crispy Chickpea Broad Bean Salad
- 30 oz/800g/ 2 cans chickpeas drained
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 15 oz/400g 1 tin/can of drained broad beans or frozen or black beans
- 4 tablespoons/100g of sweet corn
- To serve:
- 3 to matoes/sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 red onion sliced
- 120 g/ 4.2 oz crusty bread or pre-made croutons
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Tahini dressing:
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375F190c. Mix all the ingredients for the chickpeas and place them onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Add the black beans, sweet corn, and broad beans/black beans to the chickpeas. Mix and bake again for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the leave and onions and prepare the dressing: Simply combine all the dressing ingredients together. In a bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, and onion, top with your chickpea/bean/ bake, and drizzle the tahini dressing and top with crusty bread or croutons if you like. Enjoy!