This Easy Healthy Curried Cauliflower & Pea Salad is Vegan and gluten-free curry roasted cauliflower sweet potato salad with a creamy curry tahini dressing. This salad is everything you could ever want. Easy to make, packed with veggies, and absolutely addicting!
I made this salad a few weeks ago and couldn’t stop devouring it. I’m not sure what it was that made it so good. Maybe the cauliflower and sweet potatoes tossed in curry spices and roasted to perfection, or perhaps it was the sweet cranberries, cilantro, and peas that brightened up the salad so well? Frankly, I think it’s the curry tahini dressing. You decide.
Point is, everything about this salad is just good. It stays well in the fridge for days, is both vegan, gluten-free, and nut-free. I’m not sure what more you could want from a salad!
Tips for making this sweet potato cauliflower salad:
- Want a little extra protein? Add in a can of rinsed and drained chickpeas or chopped cooked chicken breast.
- Double the recipe and bring it to parties and prepare for your guests to go wild over the flavors.
- If you want the dressing sweeter, add in a teaspoon of pure maple syrup.
- If you want a kick of heat, add in a little extra cayenne pepper to the dressing.
Let’s make this amazing salad!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Curried Cauliflower & Pea Salad if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Curried Cauliflower & Pea SaladVegan and gluten free curry roasted cauliflower sweet potato salad with a creamy curry tahini dressing. This salad is everything you could ever want. Easy to make, packed with veggies and absolutely addicting!
- For the cauliflower and sweet potatoes:
- 1 head cauliflower cut into medium-sized florets (about 3-4 cups florets)
- 1 large sweet potato cut into ½ inch cubes (about 2-3 cups diced sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- For the add-ins:
- 2/3 cup thawed frozen peas just let them sit in warm water for a bit
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro optional:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cauliflower florets and cubed sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle on curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder, red cayenne pepper, and season with salt and pepper. Use clean hands to toss everything together until it’s well coated with oil and spices. Spread out evenly. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway in between.
- We want the sweet potatoes to be somewhat fork-tender but still have a slight bite. Once done cooking, add roasted sweet potato and cauliflower to a medium bowl. Add in the thawed peas, green onion, cranberries, cilantro, and parsley.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, add in tahini, lemon juice, warm water, curry powder, garlic powder, ginger, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add more warm water if necessary to thin out the dressing so it is spoonable. Fold the dressing into the rest of the ingredients until they are well coated. Serves 2-4, depending on how hungry you are. Garnish with a few extra scallions, cranberries and cilantro.
NotesIf you want this spicy, add 1/4 teaspoon more cayenne pepper to the dressing. If you find the dressing bitter, feel free to add 1-2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup to sweeten it up.
NutritionCalories: 214kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!