This Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Cajun Cauliflower Steak is served with a lovely herb chimichurri sauce for that extra coolness and creaminess. The ‘steaks’ are crispy and full of flavour.
I love cajun seasoning. It’s spicy, smoky, and it works with pretty much anything. I have several recipes on the site that uses cajun spice.
Sometimes when I am in the need for a quick snack, I spread some vegan cream cheese and sprinkle some cajun seasoning. So yum and easy snack.
Don’t know about you, but I used to hate cauliflower growing up. I mean a lot of kids hate veggies, but I couldn’t stand the cauliflower. Now – I can’t get enough of it. I eat it a couple of times a week, especially since turning Vegan, I started cooking and eating a lot more cauliflower and I am loving it.
Especially since going vegan. The first time I had a cauliflower as a vegan, was cauliflower wings. There was loads of hype around cauliflower wings, so I gave it a go, and loved it!
Let’s have some Steaks!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Cajun Cauliflower Steak if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Cauliflower Recipes:
Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Cajun Cauliflower Steak
- Cajun Cauliflower:
- 1 small head of cauliflower sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices or chopped into medium size florets
- 2 tbsp cajun spice blend ( 2 tsp sweet paprika 1/3 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1.5 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp onion powder, a dash of pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt if using store-bought cajun blend, it might already be salted, so you will need 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Chimichurri sauce:
- 1 cup 60 g packed parsley or one bunch parsley leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup 0.25 g basil packed or use cilantro
- 6 cloves 6 cloves of raw garlic more the merrier
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds ideally soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vinegar apple cider or balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp 0.25 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp or more avocado for creaminess optional
- Slice the cauliflower or chop into florets. Blend the chimichurri sauce with a few tbsp of water and set aside. Line a baking dish with parchment. Preheat the oven to 425 deg F ( 220 C )
- Rub oil and lemon juice all over the slices or florets.
- Sprinkle the cajun spice + salt on both sides of the slices and rub lightly. Then sprinkle more on the open side. (If using florets, sprinkle spice + salt, then toss well to coat). For Crispyness, mix 2 tbsp breadcrumbs in the spice mix and salt and then sprinkle all over.
- Spray oil lightly on the spiced cauliflower to seal the spices in, Bake at 425 deg F for 20 to 25 mins. Broil for a minute to sear if needed.
- Cauliflower tends to soften depending on the moisture content after cooking. So serve immediately. Sprinkle some more spice if needed. Cajun can be hot, so add another cooling dressing of choice if needed.
- Serve with a side salad of beans, chickpeas, or cooked grain or add to tacos, wraps. I make a salad bowl with cherry tomatoes/tomatoes, onion, chickpeas/beans, salt, pepper, and chimichurri/lemon with these.