This Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Cajun Cauliflower Steak is served with a lovely herb chimichurri sauce for that extra coolness and creaminess. The ‘steaks’ are crispy and full of flavor.
For crispier cauliflower, add some breadcrumbs to the spice mix and then toss. Adjust the heat of the cajun seasoning by reducing cayenne, pepper flakes, black pepper, and using more of sweet paprika. Serve these Cajun Cauliflower “steaks” with some cooked grains or beans in a bowl with some hearty crunchy greens or lettuce to make a meal.
Don’t know about you, but I used to hate cauliflower growing up. I mean a lot of kids hate veggies, but I couldn’t stand the cauliflower. Now – I can’t get enough of it. I eat it a couple of times a week, especially since turning Vegan, I started cooking and eating a lot more cauliflower and I am loving it.
HOW TO SLICE THE WHOLE CAULIFLOWER INTO STEAK SLICES:
- When cleaning the cauliflower leaves, leave some of the stalks on the cauliflower. The stalk will help hold the florets together.
- Slice from the stalk side. Slice so that the stalk side is thinner and increase the thickness as you move towards the florets. So the slice will not be even thickness. it will be thicker on the florets side and thinner near the stalk.
- Small to medium cauliflower make for better candidates for slices.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Let’s have some Steaks!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Cajun Cauliflower Steak if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Cajun Cauliflower SteakVegan Cajun Roasted Cauliflower "Steaks" with Chimichurri Sauce. Slice into thick slices or just chop into florets to make this delicious Cajun Cauliflower. Serve with chimichurri or a cooling dressing.
- Cajun Cauliflower:
- 1 small head of cauliflower sliced into 1/2 inch thick slices or chopped into medium size florets
- 2 tbsp cajun spice blend ( 2 tsp sweet paprika 1/3 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1.5 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp onion powder, a dash of pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp salt if using store-bought cajun blend, it might already be salted, so you will need 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Chimichurri sauce:
- 1 cup 60 g packed parsley or one bunch parsley leaves and tender stems, chopped
- 1/4 cup 0.25 g basil packed or use cilantro
- 6 cloves 6 cloves of raw garlic more the merrier
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds ideally soaked in warm water for 30 minutes
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vinegar apple cider or balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp 0.25 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp or more avocado for creaminess optional
- Slice the cauliflower or chop into florets. Blend the chimichurri sauce with a few tbsp of water and set aside. Line a baking dish with parchment. Preheat the oven to 425 deg F ( 220 C )
- Rub oil and lemon juice all over the slices or florets.
- Sprinkle the cajun spice + salt on both sides of the slices and rub lightly. Then sprinkle more on the open side. (If using florets, sprinkle spice + salt, then toss well to coat). For Crispyness, mix 2 tbsp breadcrumbs in the spice mix and salt and then sprinkle all over.
- Spray oil lightly on the spiced cauliflower to seal the spices in, Bake at 425 deg F for 20 to 25 mins. Broil for a minute to sear if needed.
- Cauliflower tends to soften depending on the moisture content after cooking. So serve immediately. Sprinkle some more spice if needed. Cajun can be hot, so add another cooling dressing of choice if needed.
- Serve with a side salad of beans, chickpeas, or cooked grain or add to tacos, wraps. I make a salad bowl with cherry tomatoes/tomatoes, onion, chickpeas/beans, salt, pepper, and chimichurri/lemon with these.
NutritionCalories: 198kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!