These Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Crackers don’t take much effort and taste absolutely divine. Why buy shopbought crackers if you can make these beauties in no time? This recipe requiring just a food processor (or bowl!) and 7 ingredients to make.
I am a sucker for a cracker, I can just eat them on their own, or spread them on my homemade vegan cheese.
This recipe is for the carb and cracker lover who is ready to up their game and make their own at home. (Trust me. It’s not as scary as it sounds.)
What I’m saying is: These delicious crackers make excellent use of ingredients you likely have in your pantry right now. Shall we?
The base is a gluten-free flour blend and almond meal, and the flavor comes from salt, garlic powder, and rosemary. You could also add a little nutritional yeast for cheesiness if you’d like.
Next, comes oil and water to bring moisture to the dough.
The fat adds a bit of flakiness, and water brings crispiness. A perfect balance of the two makes these crackers easy to roll out and form as well as spot-on in texture.
Once they’re rolled out and sliced transfer them in the oven, then just 15-20ish minutes in the oven and BAM! You have homemade crackers on your hands!
I hope you all LOVE these crackers! They’re:
Easy to make
& So delicious
These would make the perfect snack to have on hand during the week. They would be especially delicious with Hummus, Creamy High-Protein Dip, Buffalo Cheese Dip. Or On My Easy Pistachio Cheese
Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Crackers if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Gluten-Free Crackers
- 3/4 cup/120g DIY Gluten-Free Flour Blend*
- 2/3 cup/50g almond meal* or sub-gluten-free oat flour*
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary/thyme dried will work great too
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder optional
- 3.5 Tbsp neutral oil i.e. grape seed or avocado oil
- 3-5 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 C) and line 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with parchment paper (adjust a number of baking sheets if altering batch size).
- Add dry ingredients to a food processor or a mixing bowl and process or whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Then add oil and pulse/use a pastry cutter or fork until crumbly.
- Add cold water 1 Tbsp at a time, pulsing/stirring until it forms a semi-sticky dough that’s moldable with your hands and not crumbly. It shouldn’t need more than 5 Tbsp (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Remove from the processor or mixing bowl and form into a loose ball with your hands. Transfer to a clean surface lined with wax or parchment paper. Lay another sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a rectangle slightly less than 1/8th inch thick (see photo).
- Use a knife, a pizza cutter, or a small cookie cutter to cut the dough into squares (or circles). Makes about 60 squares (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Transfer the parchment paper with the cut dough to a baking sheet and pop in the oven.
- Bake for 16-22 minutes or until slightly golden brown (be careful not to burn). Remove from the oven and let them cool.
*You can sub gluten-free oat flour for the almond meal, but you may need to use a tiny bit more water, as the oat flour absorbs more water!