This Easy Healthy Harissa Roasted Pepper Hummus is so creamy and smooth! It’s given a nice spicy kick thanks to Harissa, and tastes amazing as a dip or as a spread on anything!
Okay, here is another one of my hummus addiction recipes. This Easy Healthy Harissa Roasted Pepper Hummus is unbelievably good. I mean eat this ALONE with crackers for dinner good. Spread this on everything good. It’s surprisingly easy to make and works as a dip and a spread for just about everything you can get your hands on. Put this one on your list.
Why this hummus is so flippin’ healthy:
- Chickpeas are protein-rich and a great source of fiber.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels, and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack that is rich in protein,slow-release smart carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E.
Tips For Making This Super Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more zucchini, fewer chickpeas, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this pepper hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself.Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Harissa Roasted Pepper Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Harissa Roasted Pepper HummusThis Easy Healthy Harissa Roasted Pepper Hummus is so creamy and smooth! It’s given a nice spicy kick thanks to Harissa, and tastes amazing as a dip or as a spread on anything!
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 ½ cups/15oz/400g caned or cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ground harissa
- 3 tablespoons of tahini
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- Additional chickpeas for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F/200c. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.
- Put the peppers into the baking sheet as well as the garlic cloves if you haven’t got a pre-roasted ones.
- Bake for 40 minutes (10 minutes for the garlic) until the peppers are soft and slightly black.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool then peel the skins off. In a food processor or a blender, add all the ingredients. Blend until completely smooth.
NotesStore this hummus in the fridge and eat within 3 days.
NutritionCalories: 143kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!