This Easy Healthy High Protein Vegan Breakfast Wrap has got only 7-8 Ingredients and a few spices! 32g of protein in a serving, so you can make all these people asking you how you get your protein silence themselves for good. It is – Nut-free Recipe. It can be Gluten-free too.
You can build up this burrito however you like. Add or remove a component to preference. I build it up with a simple tofu scramble, some black beans, and fresh veggies, chickpea pancake that adds more protein, some pumpkin seeds for a crunch, and a dressing. Its a scramble, veggie, omelet, crunch and dressing wrap. You can also serve these ingredients in a breakfast taco format!
Let’s make a bunch of these yummy and easy wraps!
- Just before we start, please do let us know how you found the recipe, and if you do like what you are seeing and tasting, do subscribe to our newsletter to keep getting yummy vegan recipes, or check out our Facebook page!
♥ Thank you ♥
Each burrito contains approximately 592 calories and 32g of protein!
One big red onion, sliced
1 tsp oil
1 can/ tin of black beans, drained and rinsed.
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp (0.75 tsp) garlic powder or 2 cloves minced
1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) onion powder
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) smoked paprika
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) thyme or rosemary or both
14 oz firm tofu
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) ground turmeric
1/3 tsp (0.33 tsp) salt
1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) freshly ground black pepper
Chickpea flour omelet/pancake: (optional)
1 cup (120 g) chickpea flour
1 cup (236.59 ml) water
2 cups (60 g) baby spinach or greens of choice
1/2 cup (80 g) sliced onion
1/2 cup (74.5 g) chopped tomato
seeds or nuts
Sriracha hot sauce, other dressing or chutneys
4 large tortillas or 8 tacos
1. Lightly squeeze the tofu between paper towels to remove excess flowing water, then crumble into a bowl.
2. Heat a frying pan, add the crumbled tofu, turmeric, salt, and half the black pepper and mix well. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 mins. Mix in Kala more black pepper and set aside.
Chickpea flour omelet:
3. Mix the chickpea flour with 3/4 cup water and a good pinch of salt. Add more water to make a thin pancake-like batter. You don’t want too thick a batter as the thicker pancakes will be harder to roll with the burrito.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When hot, drizzle some oil and move the pan to spread. Add the batter to the pan to make a pancake that fits easily in the tortilla (at least an inch smaller), that you are planning to use for the burrito. Cook for 3-4 mins, then cover to steam and finish cooking for another 1- 2 mins. Remove from pan and repeat to make 3 more.
Assemble the burrito:
To assemble the Wrap:
4. Add layers of spinach, fried onions, black beans, tofu scramble, then add some chopped tomato, and pumpkin seeds if you like or other seeds or chopped nuts for crunch. Add some salt and a drizzle of sriracha sauce.
5. Roll the wrap by folding one side over the filling, then folding the sides in. continue to tuck and roll while holding the sides in.
6. When ready to serve heat a skillet or a grill and cook the wrap until golden on most sides and serve. This helps seal the wraps and makes them more compact and easier to eat.
These Easy Healthy High Protein Vegan Breakfast Wrap can now be refrigerated for up to 3 days(before or after roasting). They also freeze well for a few weeks (Sub the black beans with veggies like zucchini, peppers, cauliflower or spiced potatoes or quinoa.
To make tacos, use small tortillas or tacos. Heat them on the gas stove or grill and stuff with all of the fillings and salsa and serve.