These Easy Healthy High-Protein Vegan Nuggets are cheap, delicious, and easy to make! It’s the perfect recipe! They are also high protein and high fiber, they will make you feel fuller for longer, without going overboard on calories, so this makes them perfect for people who are watching their calories and weight.
If you are avoiding oil and gluten – then these chickpea nuggets are for you!
I love to eat these simply on top of my salad, stuffed inside a warm pitta bread with hummus and salad, you can pretty much use these as a garnish in every dish you like! They are super versatile.
Chickpeas is every vegan (well almost every vegan) best friend. You can make pretty much anything out of chickpeas; nuggets, hummus, desserts, mayo from the liquid of the chickpea can, meringue and the list goes on.
Be prepared for these to disappear quickly. If you’re looking to feed any picky toddlers or children (or even adults), I highly recommend trying this one. Dipping makes everything better, right? Even adults love to dip! So you can sneak some plant-based protein into your pickiest of eaters with these delicious chickpea nuggets.
If you try these, I’d love your feedback, so drop me a comment below! Don’t forget to snap a picture and share it with me on Facebook I always love seeing what my readers come up with. ?
More Vegan Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy High-Protein Vegan Nuggets Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy High-Protein Vegan Nuggets
- 2 tins of chickpeas drained rinsed and dried.
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes roughly diced
- 1 medium-sized red onion roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats gluten-free if preferred
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or any dried herbs you have got
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor and process until finely chopped and combined, but not pureed. (You want a little bit of chunk.)
- Form the dough into golf-sized balls using your hands, and flatten into a nugget shape. Place on your baking tray and repeat with the remaining chickpea dough. You should make about 20 nuggets in total.
- Bake for 35 minutes in total, flipping at the 20-minute mark. The nuggets are ready to flip when you are able to do easily flip them, without them getting stuck to the parchment paper. If they're sticking to the paper, bake a few minutes longer before trying to flip them again.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauces.
That is why it’s important that you dry the chickpeas beforehand. Baking time and flipping time will vary according to the size of the nuggets you form. Do not force flip your nuggets if they're not lifting fairly easily from the parchment paper, or they will break. When they are ready to flip, they will lift from the paper easily. And finally, I hope you enjoy them! 🙂