This Easy Healthy Hummus is one of my favorite things to eat. No joke! It’s so versatile, you can eat it as a snack with some carrot sticks and cucumber, use it as a side dish, to top up your buddha bowl, or stuff it inside a warm pitta bread with some roasted vegetables for a healthy hearty lunch!
What is hummus?
Hummus is a dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon juice, and garlic. It is popular in the Middle East and the Mediterranean, as well as in Middle Eastern cuisine around the globe. It can also be found in most grocery stores in North America and Europe.
Each portion contains approximately 203 calories
1 tin of chickpeas (or 225g), rinsed and dried
50g of smooth tahini
2 crushed garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
juice from half a lemon
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
5 tablespoons of water,
Pinch of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of cumin
A handful of roasted crispy chickpeas (recipe for crispy chickpeas) (optional)
Pita chips (recipe here) (optional)
1. Using a high-speed blender, or a food processor, add all the ingredients apart from the water and start blending. Add enough water to it, until it reaches the desired smoothness and consistency.
2. Transfer this Easy Healthy Hummus to a serving plate and top with the paprika, and the roasted chickpeas.
Tip: You can make different flavor styles, by just adding the ingredients before you blend. For roasted red pepper Hummus, simply add roasted red pepper, or pickled from a jar. Can make caramelized onion hummus, by just sweating down in a pan a medium-sized red onion, then add a teaspoon of sugar and cook on low until caramelized. For a Morrocan style hummus, simply add cumin, coriander, turmeric and a pinch of onions seeds!
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023