This Easy Healthy Oil-Free Lentil Protein Dip is smooth, creamy, and paprika-infused – this recipe is perfect for you if you can’t tolerate chickpeas very well.
It’s perfect with flatbread, pita chips, or freshly cut veggies.
This recipe is a twist on the classical hummus. Instead of chickpeas – I am using red lentils!
Now, I love hummus to death, especially made classically with chickpeas. Chickpeas unfortunately don’t always agree with my stomach, I get bloated a lot if over-do the chickpea hummus.
The good thing is, you can still eat hummus….without the chickpeas. Lentils are the perfect replacement for the chickpeas, they have pretty much the same nutritional values as the chickpeas, they give you protein, fiber, complex carbs and so much more, just like the chickpeas.
Try this lentil hummus out, it’s creamy, delicious and so satisfying! It’s perfect if you want to change things up, and you are a bit tired of eating chickpea hummus.
More Hummus Recipes:
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Oil-Free Lentil Protein Dip if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Oil-Free Lentil Protein Dip
- Blender/food processor
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup dried red lentils 200g
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the lentils. Cook them according to packet instructions. When they're tender, strain them through a sieve and leave them to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare your hummus. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a blender, catching any pips in your free hand.
- Add the garlic, tahini, paprika, and lentils to a blender and blitz into a paste.
- Taste the lentil dip, season to taste with salt and pepper and blitz to combine.