This Easy Healthy Oil-Free Lentil Protein Dip is smooth, creamy, and paprika-infused – this recipe is perfect for you if you can’t tolerate chickpeas very well (although, if that’s the case, you also have my sincere condolences).
It’s perfect with Arabic bread, pita chips, or freshly cut veggies.
This recipe is a twist on the classical hummus. Instead of chickpeas – I am using red lentils!
I reckon hummus is one of life’s greatest pleasures. It’s creamy, tasty, healthy, and takes sticks of vegetables from basic to bangin’. We’ve made our fair share of hummus but never with lentils. Trust us when we say that it’s an excellent way to go and makes for a dip that is packed to the gills with protein. Win-win.
You can add all sorts of spices you like – I kept it simple, by simply using the traditional salt and some smokey paprika!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Oil-Free Lentil Protein Dip if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Oil-Free Lentil Protein Dip
- Blender/food processor
- Sauce pan
- 1 cup dried red lentils 200g
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the lentils. Cook them according to packet instructions. When they're tender, strain them through a sieve and leave them to cool to room temperature.
- Prepare your hummus. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a blender, catching any pips in your free hand.
- Add the garlic, tahini, paprika, and lentils to a blender and blitz into a paste.
- Taste the lentil dip, season to taste with salt and pepper and blitz to combine.