This Easy Healthy Spanish Rice With Veg & Beans is a colorful and tasty side dish. It’s made with healthy brown rice and it also has the perfect combo of vegetables and spices that will elevate any Mexican style meal. Now it’s time for Fiesta!
Who doesn’t love a good Mexican-style side dish with big flavors? Today this healthier version of Spanish rice is packed with so many delicious and nutritious ingredients.
This incredibly delicious side is going to satisfy your tastebuds and it also comes together very quickly.
This recipe is always a big hit with friends and family and it’s extremely versatile. You can pair it with many different dining options for a wonderful complete meal.
Ideas for serving this rice dish with:
- You can serve it with a specialty burrito. Something like this Healthy Breakfast Burrito and really make a meal out of it.
- Vegan Fajitas aka Meatless Chicken Fajitas
- They’d be perfect alongside Vegetable Enchiladas with enchilada sauce from the slow cooker. That is always a winner!
- And always a perfect match with tacos, any one of your favorite and especially alongside these tacos.
- Mexican Spanish Rice also looks so festive at the dinner table.
- Don’t limit yourself by just enjoying it with Mexican dishes. It can quickly become lunch or a light dinner option when served with a fresh salad or veggie sandwiches.
THIS BEAUTIFUL SIDE DISH FREEZES WELL TOO.
There are a lot of Spanish rice recipes out there, but this healthier version is one of my favorites. A nice little addition is that you can make it as spicy as you want. Simply add hot sauce or salsa during the final heating.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Let’s make some rice!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Spanish Rice With Veg & Beans if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Spanish Rice With Veg & BeansNo wonder Spanish Rice is served with so many Mexican style meals. It is the perfect side dish along with being colorful and tasty.
- 2 cups/370g brown rice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes (1 can/tin)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 15 ounces/400g can/tin of pinto beans - drained and rinsed
- To a large saucepan add 2 cups brown rice and 4 cups water.
- Turn on high and bring to a boil. Turn down to low and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 45 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking heat oil in a large skillet. Saute the onion and bell peppers until the onion is translucent, about 10 to 15 minutes
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- To the skillet add the diced tomatoes, chili powder, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the beans and cooked rice to heat through. Serve hot.
NotesIf you have pre-cooked rice or leftover rice, you can use it for this recipe. It will be done even quicker!