Amazing Easy Healthy Vegan Apple & Oat Cinnamon Cookies! Suitable for vegan, whole food plant-based, and general healthy diets. It’s the perfect cookie to kick-start your day if you have them for breakfast.
It’s ideal for when you are missing something sweet, but guilt-free.
I love this healthy cookie recipe as it’s sweetened just with applesauce ( which is homemade ) making it cheap and easy to source the ingredients.
This cookie recipe is great for children as it can be called a cookie and it tastes so good they don’t realize it’s actually healthy. A great filling on the go breakfast as it’s loaded with protein, fiber, nutrition, and complex unrefined carbohydrates that keep you filled.
There’s nothing wrong with carbs and sugar if like this they just come from whole food ingredients like oats, fruit, and nuts.
This is why nutritional information can be so damaging as not all calories, fats, etc are created equally.
The fats from avocado are a world apart from the chemically extracted GMO refined oils that a doughnut is fried in, but nutritional information doesn’t convey this. For more information have a look at our article: Fat And Carbohydrates Are Good For Losing Weight
A Few Important Tips To Make These Cookies:
I used my homemade applesauce. Which is 98% pure apples and 2% brown sugar. If you use shop-bought applesauce, they are normally loaded with sugar. So I highly recommend making your own. It’s super easy.
I also make my own oat flour, which is super easy as well. Simply blend rolled oats. For this specific recipe, I roughly ground the oats, to give my cookies a little extra texture and crunch.
I shaped small cookies instead of big ones. The reason for this is that they come out crispier. these cookies have got quite a bit of moisture in them, so to make them a bit crispier, I shaped them a bit smaller so that they cook through.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Apple & Oat Cinnamon Cookies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Apple & Oat Cinnamon Cookies
- 1/2 cup/120g of Apple purée (sauce)
- 1/2 apple - cubed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 cups/180g Oats roughly ground ( use gluten-free if needed )
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. It should form a soft dough. Shape 9 small cookies, or 6 bigger ones, and place them onto a lined baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden on the outside.
- Please see the notes for a couple of tips!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023