These Easy Healthy Vegan Banana Muffins are the ideal easy and comforting snack/breakfast to whip up quickly! And oh, just the smell from the oven coming out when they are baking, makes them even more irresistible and comforting!
Banana muffins are a very easy muffin for vegans to make because the banana can act as a binder and provide moisture which is what eggs typically provide.
We have included flax eggs though! It will just help everything bind together nicely!
So, why not give this easy-peasy vegan banana muffin recipe a go? Try them warm from the oven with a slathering of vegan butter or wait until they’re cool and pop one into a lunchbox (yours, the hubby’s, or the kids’).
This recipe makes 12 muffins.
350g/2 cups of coconut sugar
120g of coconut oil, or vegetable oil
4 large bananas, mashed
230g/ 1/ 7/8 of ground oat flour ( or quinoa flour, almond flour )
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons of water and left for 3 minutes ( it’s the replacement for the traditional eggs )
1 teaspoon of baking powder ( use gluten-free, if you want to keep them gluten-free )
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 170C/320F.
2. Whisk together the flaxseed, oil, vanilla, sugar and the bananas.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add them to the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. Transfer the mixture onto the muffin cases and bake for about 45 minutes, turning the pan halfway through the bake so that the muffins cook evenly.
5. Once cooked, transfer them onto a cooling rack.
Store these Easy Healthy Vegan Banana Muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days!
If you want to elevate these muffins, mostly in terms of presentation, use this icing recipe:
2 tablespoon of cold water
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
150g of icing sugar
Put the icing in a piping bag to make it easier to ice the muffins, then add some chopped walnuts on top, or banana chips if you like!