These Easy Healthy Vegan Bean & Butternut Burgers white bean burgers are simple to make and full of flavor! They’re baked and have an awesome texture – not mushy at all! Vegan, Gluten-free, and Oil-free!
One of the things I’ve struggled with over the years of being mostly plant-based is the world of veggie burgers. Traditionally, veggie burgers are found in the frozen aisle of the grocery store. They’re super thin and don’t really resemble a real burger at all. It’s almost something that you settle for rather than something you look forward to.
But I love burgers! I think they’re one of those foods that are just so satisfying to eat. They should be filling, substantial and something that you’re actually really excited to eat!
There are certainly options on the market today that are vegan burgers (i.e. veggie burgers that taste like meat burgers), but that’s not what we’re doing today. Those have their place, but they’re also not very healthy. Veggie burgers shouldn’t be a sacrifice, but they should also be healthy. SO… today I’m showing you how to make nutritious, delicious, and hearty white bean & butternut burgers that are packed with flavor and totally not something you feel like you’re settling for.
The Easiest Way to make Vegan Burgers:
I think I’ve finally cracked the code on the best way to make veggie burgers. It’s a method that’s quick, easy and saves a ton of time. And you only need one appliance.
Your food processor!
I love making veggie burgers in my food processor because it’s quick. You basically just toss everything in there, whizz it up and in less than 5 minutes, you’ll have your veggie burger “dough”. From there, I like to bake my veggie burgers rather than pan-fry them which makes them oil-free, a bit healthier, and also crispy!
LET’S MAKE SOME BURGERS!!!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Easy Healthy Vegan Bean & Butternut Burgers if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Bean & Butternut Burgers
- 2 cups/900g chopped butternut squash
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can/tin white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce optional for more spice
- 2 flax egg 2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup/185g boiled quinoa cooked from 1 cup/90g of dry quinoa in two cups of veg stock
- 1 cup/90 rolled oats use gluten-free if needed
- 1/3 cup/50g flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Topping ideas:
- vegan spread
- sliced tomato
- spinach or lettuce
- tahini sauce
- Blitz the butternut squash, shallots, and garlic in a food processor. Take it out, and squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible. Return to the food processor and add the remaining ingredients and pulse to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and shape them into patties. Place the burgers on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375ºF/180C.
- Add the burgers to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately (or freeze for later) with your favorite toppings!