Easy Healthy Vegan Bean & Butternut Burgers – perfect to make for an easy plant-based dinner.
These plant-based vegan burgers pack a lot of goodness and veggies. Honestly, the beef burger can never compare to these bad boys.
Yes, obviously the texture isn’t meaty, but one benefit of eating these is that they won’t clog your arteries and give you a heart attack, in fact, they do the opposite.
These butternut burgers have so much plant-based protein in them. If you load the burgers with two parties as I did, you will get just as much protein if you had a beef patty.
Now, these patties are on the soft side, but that doesn’t mean that they are not tasty. There is loads going on, and if you pair them with a nice toasted bun and some toppings, you will get the perfect vegan burger.
Making these butternut squash patties isn’t difficult at all. The food processor pretty much does all the work for you. Then all you need to do, is shape your patties and bake ’em. Easy.
LET’S MAKE SOME BURGERS!!!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Easy Healthy Vegan Bean & Butternut Burgers if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Burger Recipes:
1. Easy Healthy Oil & Gluten-Free Black Bean Burgers
2. Easy Crispy Tofu Sesame Burgers
3. Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger
Easy Healthy Vegan Bean & Butternut Burgers
- 2 cups/900g chopped butternut squash
- 1 small shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can/tin white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce optional for more spice
- 2 flax egg 2 tablespoons of flaxseed mixed with 5 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup/185g boiled quinoa cooked from 1 cup/90g of dry quinoa in two cups of veg stock
- 1 cup/90 rolled oats use gluten-free if needed
- 1/3 cup/50g flaxseed meal
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Topping ideas:
- vegan spread
- sliced tomato
- spinach or lettuce
- tahini sauce
- Blitz the butternut squash, shallots, and garlic in a food processor. Take it out, and squeeze out as much of the moisture as possible. Return to the food processor and add the remaining ingredients and pulse to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and shape them into patties. Place the burgers on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375ºF/180C.
- Add the burgers to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately (or freeze for later) with your favorite toppings!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023