Delicious Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger made with the simplest ingredients.
I am sort of obsessed with beetroot now…. like this out-of-the-world beetroot hummus and these oh so yummy beetroot falafels are a proof of that too. It’s time to say hello to my new favorite veggie (AND HEALTHY!!!! beetroot quinoa burgers.
I like a good burger. Nothing beats a juicy burger topped on a toasted bun, and then topped with all sorts of juicy toppings….oh and with a side of fries too, please!
What’s your favorite Vegan burger?
Don’t say the Impossible burger, or beyond burger, because they are PRETTY GOOD, but we talking healthy stuff here! I know, I know, obviously when it comes to burger, who wants to be healthy? But, but why can’t you have a burger that’s healthy and delicious at the same time? HUh? You didn’t think about that, did you 😀
I have got other burger recipes if you are interested:
Pick your favorite!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger
- For the patties:
- 170 grams beetroot thick cubes (measured post washing, peeling and cutting)
- 50 g oat flour or gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil optional if frying the patties
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup/185g quinoa cooked (60g of dried quinoa makes 180g of cooked quinoa)
- Preheat the oven to 375F/200C. Cut the beetroot into thick cubes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add one tablespoon olive oil and salt. Mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Or use pre-cooked beetroot for a quicker version. Let this cool.
- To a blender or a food processor, add cooked quinoa, roasted beetroot, garlic powder, onion powder, one tsp olive oil, and mix until well incorporated and a dough is formed.
- Divide the mixture into four parts to make beetroot quinoa patties.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the beetroot quinoa patties roughly 3 mins per side on medium-low heat until the quinoa crust is golden brown in color. Repeat for the remaining patties and keep aside.
- Alternatively, for a healthy oil-free option, bake the patties in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Assemble the burger with lettuce, beetroot quinoa patties, and smashed avocado if you like. Serve with the desired