Delicious Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger made with the simplest ingredients.
I am sort of obsessed with beetroot now…. like this out-of-the-world beetroot hummus and these oh so yummy beetroot falafels are a proof of that too. It’s time to say hello to my new favorite veggie (AND HEALTHY!!!! beetroot quinoa burgers.
I like a good burger. Nothing beats a juicy burger topped on a toasted bun, and then topped with all sorts of juicy toppings….oh and with a side of fries too, please!
What’s your favorite Vegan burger?
Don’t say the Impossible burger, or beyond burger, because they are PRETTY GOOD, but we talking healthy stuff here! I know, I know, obviously when it comes to burger, who wants to be healthy? But, but why can’t you have a burger that’s healthy and delicious at the same time? HUh? You didn’t think about that, did you 😀
I have got other burger recipes if you are interested:
Pick your favorite!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Beetroot Quinoa Burger
- For the patties:
- 1 1/4 cups /170gbeetroot thick cubes (measured post washing, peeling and cutting)
- 1/2 cup /50g oat flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup/185g quinoa cooked (1/2 cup/60g of dried quinoa makes 180g of cooked quinoa)
- For the toppings:
- 3 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp harrisa paste
- Pickled red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Cut the beetroot into thick cubes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add one tablespoon olive oil and salt. Mix well. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Or use pre-cooked beetroot for a quicker version. Let this cool.
- To a blender or a food processor, add cooked quinoa, roasted beetroot, garlic powder, onion powder, and roughly blitz. Chunky is fine.
- Trasnfer the quinoa-beetroot mixture in a bowl, and add the oat flour and mix.
- Divide the mixture into four patties to make beetroot quinoa patties.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a frying pan and pan-fry the beetroot quinoa patties roughly 3 mins per side on medium-low heat until the quinoa crust is golden brown in color. Repeat for the remaining patties and keep aside.
- Alternatively, for a healthy oil-free option, bake the patties in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the harissa paste and the tahini.
- Assemble the burger buns with the harissa sauce lettuce, beetroot quinoa patties, and pickled onions if you like. Serve with the desired sides.