This Easy Healthy Vegan Blondie Bread is fudgy and gooey WFPB blondie bread that’s made up of chickpeas. This recipe is super healthy, flourless, and can be made gluten-free!
This is an amazing healthy blondie-style-flavored loaf! It’s naturally sweet, healthy, and super easy to make. It’s perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
So the main ingredient in this recipe….is….chickpeas!
I know what are you thinking – chickpea in baking ?! I have to admit I was also quite skeptical the first time making chickpea blondies. But surprisingly, chickpea works really well in this recipe! It gives the blondies a soft, buttery texture and I promise you can barely taste the chickpeas.
WHAT ARE BLONDIES?
Blondies are just brownies but without the cocoa! Sometimes referred to as ” blond brownies “, they are really similar to brownies when it comes to the texture. Both are buttery and super gooey, hence a perfect sweet treat to end your meal!
So what I have done here, is basically make a healthier (vegan) alternative of blondies…in a bread shape 😀 Cos why not?!
The process to make it:
- Soak your dates in hot water for 20 mins. You can skip this if your dates are really moist.
- Preheat oven to 350F/180c. Start by turning the oats into oat flour by whisking it in a food processor/high-speed blender.
- After the oats are turned into flour, add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth paste forms. Now, you might have to add a splash of plant-based milk to reach a consistency that resembles cookie dough.
- Place the dough into a lined 8″ loaf pan. Fold in desired extras, from dried fruit to chocolate or nuts. Smooth out the dough using a spatula.
- Bake it in the oven for 35-40 mins, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Let it cool in the baking tray, slice, and serve!That’s it! Literally.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Blondie Bread if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Blondie Bread
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or 2,15 oz can chickpeas drained
- 1 1/2 cups/130g rolled oats use GF if needed
- 1/2 cup/130 tahini
- 1 1/2 cups dates pitted ( about 260g ) if the dates are too dry, soak them in hot water for 20 min)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup/110g chopped walnuts or pumpkin seeds for a nufree version ( or chocolate chips )
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180c / 360f.
- Place the rolled oats into a high-speed blender/food processor. Blend until the oats turn into oat flour.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (Except the nuts) into the food processor/blender and blend until smooth paste forms. You may need to add a splash of plant-based milk to reach a consistency that resembles cookie dough.Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined 8" loaf pan. Cover with foil and Bake it in the oven for 35-40 minutes ( take the foil off half-way-through! ) and bake until the edges are browned.
- Let it cool in the pan for at least 10 mins before slicing it. Serve and enjoy!