If there is one recipe you miss in your life as Vegan, it is probably this Easy Healthy Vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ Curry I know, I know, it might be a controversial statement but I am not going to lie, this ‘butter chicken’ is actually incredible. Tested on my family and friends got excellent results. The creaminess of the sauce is just beyond everything! It is perfect for any occasion. I love making it when I crave some comfort food.
So… What’s the butter and the chicken?
- ‘Butter’ – the sauce caries the name mostly for its creaminess which has nothing to do with dairy. It comes from soaked cashews and coconut milk (tip: soaked cashews the night before, it makes things easier).
- ‘Chicken’ – who needs meat if you can have sweet potatoes. And for those who don’t like them, the regular potato will work perfectly too! I left the peel on mine, but feel free to peel your potatoes!I was surprised myself by how well this dish came out. It’s super simple and easy to make. You don’t need a list of long unpronounceable ingredients to make this dish.
All you need is whole, mostly pantry ingredients.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ Curry if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan 'Butter Chicken' Curry‘Butter’ – the sauce caries the name mostly for its creaminess which has nothing to do with dairy. It comes from soaked cashews and coconut milk (tip: soaked cashews the night before, it makes things easier).
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cups75g cashews soak them a night before ideally, or for at least 2 hours in hot water
- 1 cup/225g tomato sauce
- 5 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- ¼ cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces (see the video). Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut the onion and the garlic into small pieces. Fry them in a pan with a little bit of oil or water for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the presoaked cashews with ¼ cups of water.
- Grind the coriander, cumin and caraway seeds together.
- Add the cashew cream, coconut cream, tomato sauce, and the spices to the pan and stir everything together. Cook it for 10 minutes to let all of the flavors combine.
- Add the baked sweet potatoes to the pan and cover with the sauce.
- Enjoy on its own or serve with rice, naan bread, or other grain!
NotesStore the cooled leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days!
NutritionCalories: 481kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!