This Easy Healthy Vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ Curry is the bomb. It’s thick, it’s creamy, it’s just so delicious and you need to make this ASAP.
Now, I am not gonna sit here and convince you that sweet potatoes taste just like chicken, because it really doesn’t. However, I had to create that sauce that tastes similar, and I did. Then, I needed chunks that are in the place of the chicken, so I thought to use sweet potatoes.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan ‘Butter Chicken’ Curry if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Curry Recipes:
Easy Healthy Vegan 'Butter Chicken' Curry
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cups75g cashews soak them a night before ideally, or for at least 2 hours in hot water
- 1 cup/225g tomato sauce
- 5 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- ¼ cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces (see the video). Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut the onion and the garlic into small pieces. Fry them in a pan with a little bit of oil or water for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the presoaked cashews with ¼ cups of water.
- Grind the coriander, cumin and caraway seeds together.
- Add the cashew cream, coconut cream, tomato sauce, and the spices to the pan and stir everything together. Cook it for 10 minutes to let all of the flavors combine.
- Add the baked sweet potatoes to the pan and cover with the sauce.
- Enjoy on its own or serve with rice, naan bread, or other grain!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!