This Easy Healthy Vegan Chocolate Granola uses just a handful of ingredients, tastes incredible, and is also oil-free and vegan. It’s the perfect morning treat!
If you like cereals or granola, you have probably noticed how fatty, and sugary they are. Not the best way to start the day. So perhaps you are looking for a healthier option, but with the same yumminess? Look no further, this chocolate almond granola recipe is my new favorite!
Don’t be scared by the fact that this granola has got chocolate in it – that doesn’t mean that we can’t make our own chocolate breakfast cereal that tastes delicious and is also nutritious!
Ingredients For This Granola
So the plan was, not to make it too sweet. I wanted it to have less than 10 ingredients, I didn’t want it to be complicated and I didn’t want it to taste like dessert.
This recipe checks all those boxes and more.
We start with a big bowl of rolled oats. I love using just old fashioned rolled oats for my granola recipes because they get nice and crispy, but they’re not too chunky.
Next, we’ve got chopped almonds and cocoa powder. Our crunch factor and our chocolate flavor.
Then it’s just almond butter and maple syrup ( I have added a nut-free version for this recipe which also works great )
A Healthy Chocolate Granola for the Morning!
Essentially, this chocolate granola has it all. We’ve got:
- healthy fats
Plus we’re eating chocolate. For breakfast. Does it get any better?
SO, are you convinced? Wanna give this bad boy a go?
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Chocolate Granola if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Chocolate Granola
- 2 1/2 cups/225g gluten-free rolled oats use certified gluten-free oats if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped/70g almonds use pumpkin seeds instead for nut-free option
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup/65g almond butter use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version
- 1/4 cup/75g maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 handful of dark chocolate chips optional for extra chocolatey flavour
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF/160C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt together the almond butter, syrup, and water, whisking together until smooth on the stove on low heat for a minute.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well mixed and all the ingredients are coated.
- Separate the mixture onto two baking sheets, and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the granola is starting to get crunchy. I recommend stirring and flipping it every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Let cool completely then transfer to an airtight container.