This Easy Healthy Vegan Cottage Cheese will curb all your cottage cheese cravings! It’s perfect! Healthy, easy to make, nut-free and only needs a few ingredients!
This recipe is the best proof that you do not have to sacrifice your childhood treats or any other foods for that matter because plants have all the power to create substitutes.
Reasons you will love this recipe:
- All ingredients are affordable and easily available (if it’s not summer, you can just skip the radish and use dried chive instead!)
- It is very easy and quick to make.
- You can make a bigger portion and enjoy it for a few days (perfect for meal prep).
- The recipe is free from gluten, refined sugar, or oil.
- It is made from whole food plant-based ingredients.
- The taste ACTUALLY brings back the traditional cottage cheese and it is simply delicious!Traditionally, people enjoy it on a good piece of bread sprinkling some more chive on top. And I have to admit that it tastes best on a homemade loaf of bread which is still warm from the oven. If you don’t have one, don’t worry! Just grab your favorite bread at a local market or bakery and it will be equally as good!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Cottage Cheese if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Cottage CheeseAffordable, vegan, and delicious cottage cheese!
- 1 cup/132g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 medium radishes
- black pepper
- 1/4 bunch of chives chive roughly diced
- Soak sunflower seeds for at least 8 hours (or up to 24 hours to make it easier for the blender).
- Grate radishes and squeeze as much liquid from them as possible using a strainer. Put the liquid in a blender.
- Add the rinsed sunflower seeds, radish water, lemon juice and salt to a blender. Pulse a few times until you get half-smooth consistency with some sunflower pieces.
- Transfer everything into a bigger bowl along with grated radishes, chive, and black pepper. Mix everything gently.
- Keep it in the fridge for up to six days.
NotesStore in the fridge for up to 3 days!
NutritionCalories: 204kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!