This Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Stroganoff Pasta is the ultimate vegan comfort food! It’s so creamy, satisfying, and healthy too! You could never tell it’s 100% dairy-free and completely Vegan. You can definitely surprise some guests with this dish, and could even make them consider transitioning to a plant-based diet….why not? If you can still eat all this amazing creamy food on a vegan diet, then why the heck does not go for it completely!
… Anyway, that’s a subject for another day!
Stroganoff has been a favourite of mine for ages! So I attempted to as they call it ‘veganise it’ because I was just missing it so badly and was craving some comfort food!
So I went on and experimented and created this beauty. I loved it so much and ate almost the whole pot….oops! Hubby wasn’t happy, as there wasn’t enough for him! Haha, the perks of being the chef you get to nibble and eat whilst cooking and be the first one to taste the dish!
How To Make Vegan Stroganoff :
The method is pretty simple – the cream sauce is made out of cashews, then you cook up some mushrooms in some red wine, thicken them up, add the creamy cashew sauce in the pan with mushrooms together with some cooked pasta, fold in some veggies of choice ( I used peas and spinach ) Mix and enjoy!
Right, shall we make some badass Vegan creamy stroganoff?
More Vegan Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Stroganoff Pasta Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
♥ Thank you ♥
Easy Healthy Vegan Creamy Stroganoff Pasta
- 6 ounces/170g dried wholewheat pasta or your favorite type of pasta
- 1/2 cup/75g raw cashews soaked 4 to 8 hours in water and drained
- 3/4 cup/ 170ml/6oz vegetable broth divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 pound/ 450g of cremini mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 large brown onion chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps. of vegan red wine
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary/thyme
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour or 1 tsp of cornflour for a gluten-free option
- 2 handfuls of peas
- 2 handfuls of spinach optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook the according to package directions, then drain it into a colander. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with a dash of olive oil so that it doesn't stick.
- While the pasta cooks, place the cashews and 1/2 cup of vegetable broth into a blender with some salt and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a large pot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place it over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook until they're browned on the bottoms, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red wine, and simmer until the wine is almost completely evaporated.
- Add the thyme/rosemary, salt, soy sauce, corn flour, black pepper and the rest of the stock. Simmer for 1-2 minutes, then add the cooked pasta, peas, spinach if using and the cashew cream. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Garnish with some fresh parsley if you like. Serve.