These Easy Healthy Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Cookies are made without gluten, dairy, sugar or oil, but are packed with fiber! Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack!
I know that these cookies aren’t the most beautiful cookies you’ve ever seen, but boy are they delicious. They’re moist, chocolatey, and chewy. That’s the perfect combo in my book!
What makes these chocolate oatmeal cookies so healthy? For starters, they’re made without any gluten, dairy, sugar, oil or eggs. And they’re loaded with fruit!
They’re also essentially like eating a bowl of oatmeal in cookie form. They’re great for on-the-go, they’re definitely kid-friendly, and they made an awesome pre-workout snack.
What’s great about these healthy oatmeal cookies is that they use just 6 simple ingredients:
- Flaxseed Meal
- Quinoa Flakes
- Raw Cacao Powder
- and Chocolate Chips
And combined, these ingredients are giving us a ton of amazing fiber, along with a touch of protein, a bunch of complex carbohydrates and some antioxidants!
So instead of spiking your blood sugar like crazy and leading to a sugar crash, or going through your system super quickly and leaving you ravenous an hour later, these cookies will sustain you, they’ll give you energy and they will take longer in your system to digest.
Now, do these cookies sound appealing now? Let’s get cooking then!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 12 Cookies
Calories – 84 kcal per cookie
2 ripe bananas
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
90g/ 1 cup rolled oats gluten-free if needed
45g/1/2 cup quinoa flakes or more oats
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup/40g of dairy-free mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/180C and grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, completely mash the banana. Stir in the flax egg.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
4. Spoon the cookie dough on the cookie sheet, and gently flatten with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake 13 – 15 minutes, until browned and only slightly tender to the touch. Remove from oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool.
6. Store these Easy Healthy Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Cookies covered in a container for 2 – 3 days.
This recipe could be easily doubled, tripled, quadrupled even!