Easy Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Spanish Tortilla. A vegan version of the popular and classical Spanish Omelet.
That’s practically the beauty of veganism – you can pretty much ‘veganise’ every single dish!
This recipe is easy to make, requires very few ingredients, and with a bit of love and a non-stick pan, you will get the tastiest vegan Spanish tortilla!
Traditional Spanish Omelette is made with potatoes fried in olive oil, it’s really yummy, but it’s not very healthy, so we’re gonna share with you the traditional recipe and a healthier version, that only requires a little bit of oil and no frying for the potatoes.
In Spain, they always use olive oil for cooking, but you can also use whatever oil you like. I love olive oil, I couldn’t live without it!
We’ve used gram or chickpea flour with cold water instead of eggs, it’s really cheap, simple and easy, and it tastes amazing. There are other alternatives to substitute the eggs but this is our favorite. This recipe is gluten, soy, and dairy-free and it’s also vegan, requires only a handful of ingredients!
Have you ever tried tortilla or Spanish Omelette? It’s really tasty, you’re gonna love it!
And if you end up making this recipe, do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Spanish Tortilla if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me/tag me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Spanish Tortilla
- The batter:
- 1 cup 120 grams chickpea flour(gram flour)
- 1 cup 240 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon of kala namak black salt
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- A few grinds of pepper
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced/grated
- 3 medium potatoes about 450 grams / 16 oz, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for cooking
- Optional add-ins:
- sliced pepper
- sliced zucchini
- chopped tomato
- Combine the chickpea flour, water, salts, nutritional yeast, and pepper and stir well to remove the lumps. Heat a bit of oil over medium-high heat and sautee the onions, optional add-ins, and garlic till soft. Remove from the pan to a plate.
- Bring a saucepan with water to the boil. Add in your sliced potatoes and cook them for 5 minutes, then drain them. Add the onion, garlic, and optional veggies and potatoes to the chickpea flour batter and stir. Lightly oil a medium-sized pan(it’s super important that the pan is a none stick) over medium heat and pour in the batter.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes until the bottom is browned. Preheat The oven to 375F/200c. Put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes. Chill in the pan for 10 minutes. Then flip onto a plate and serve.