These Easy Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Tortillas are absolutely delicious and packed full of goodness. Suitable for all diets as well. If you’re sensitive to gluten and corn, these quinoa tortillas will be your saviour! They’re easy to make, use just 5 ingredients, have an awesome texture and taste amazing!
These tortillas are perfect for a perfect lunch, filled with saucy delicious fillings like, guacamole, tomato salsa, tofu pieces, green and crunchy veg… I mean you can get really creative here.
Making a healthy tortilla recipe isn’t as difficult as you may think. If you are wondering “where am I going to find quinoa flour” the answer is you don’t, you make it yourself. But how? Easy, put quinoa in a blender, and press the button and blitz for 30 seconds until the quinoa is finely blended and resembles flour.
Lunch Vegan Recipes:
1. 10-Min Healthy Cheesy Nut-Free Vegan Pasta
2. Oil-free Hearty Vegetable Stew
3. Oil-Free Roasted Zucchini & Garlic Soup
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Tortillas if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Makes 5-6 tortillas depending on the size.
3 cups/ 360g quinoa flour
1 cup/ 120g chickpea flour
2 teaspoons psyllium husk, or flaxseeds
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup/240g of water
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a thick dough. Divide dough into 5-6 equal parts and roll into balls.
2. Place each ball between two pieces of parchment. Place into a tortilla press or roll out with a rolling pin.
Remove one side of parchment and place onto a hot skillet over medium heat. Remove the other piece of parchment and cook until browned and small bubbles are starting to form, 1 – 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes.
3. Keep the cooked tortillas wrapped in a clean tea towel to keep them warm, whilst you are cooking the rest.
Keep these Easy Healthy Vegan Gluten-Free Tortillas in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or freeze them for up to a month!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
Sandra21 March 2020 at 23h08
I cannot wait to try these! I too miss flour tortillas and feel the gluten free “flour” tortillas from the grocery store are full of unhealthy/filler ingredients.
elena22 March 2020 at 13h05
I really hope you enjoy them! Do let me know how you get on, and if you have any questions – I am here to help 🙂