This Easy Healthy Vegan Meatloaf tastes amazing, and it’s high on protein and packed full of veggies and goodness that you won’t even know are there, once you taste it!
it’s super easy to make, and it can be used for picnics, packed for lunch for work, or for a wholesome dinner with a side of potatoes and green beans with a bit of naughty gravy maybe?
How To Make A Vegan Meatloaf:
The method is actually really simple; the food processor does all the work for you. The ingredients are blitzed roughly using a food processor and then it’s pressed onto a loaf pan. The meatloaf is then baked.
You then make a tomato-ey sauce to cover it, then bake again.
Wait for it to cool (this will help it harden) then slice and eat up!
The way I like to serve this vegan meatloaf is by steaming some veggies, roasting some potatoes and serve it with a jug of gravy. The perfect filling plant based dinner done right!
More Recipes To Try:
1. 10-Minute Healthy Mashed Rosecoco Bean Salad
2. Easy Vegan Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant With Tzatziki
3. Easy Vegan Italian Style Meatballs
Let’s get cooking, shall we?
Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Meatloaf if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
♥ Thank you ♥
Making The Vegan Meatloaf:
254 calories per serving
For the Chickpea Meatloaf:
2-14 oz. cans or 3 1/3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 onion, diced
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1/2 cup/122g of unflavoured soy or almond milk
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups/ 180g of panko breadcrumbs
3 tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
2 tbsp. tomato paste
For the Maple Glaze:
1/4 cup/56g of tomato paste
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp. paprika
Preheat oven to 375°/190C. Lightly oil a 9-inch loaf pan and arrange a strip of parchment paper width-wise along the center, with just a bit hanging over the sides.
2. Working in batches if needed, place all meatloaf ingredients into food processor bowl and pulse until chickpeas are broken up and ingredients are well mixed, stopping to scrape downsides of the bowl as needed. Do not over blend. If working in batches, transfer each batch to a large mixing bowl when complete and then mix by hand.
3. Press the mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake 30 minutes. While meatloaf bakes, stir glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
4. Remove loaf from oven after 30 minutes and spoon glaze over top of the loaf. Bake another 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow this Easy Healthy Vegan Meatloaf to cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
The longer this sits, the firmer it gets. If it initially feels a bit soft for your liking, let it sit a for a few minutes or prep it a day in advance and reheat the day of serving.
Easy Healthy Vegan Meatloaf
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 254Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 0.8g4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023