This Easy Healthy Vegan Omelette is gluten-free, tastes amazing, and can be filled with anything you like!
I loaded mine with veggies and spread some of my 5-Ingredient Vegan Garlic & Herb Ricotta cheese, and the whole thing was a bomb!
Will you believe me if I tell you that this vegan omelette is made out of chickpeas? Yep! Ever heard of garbanzo flour (aka gram flour, chickpea flour?) That stuff is incredible, and really high on protein and fiber.
This recipe is quite adjustable, you can basically add any desired veggies you like to stuff your omelette. Or maybe you don’t want any veggies? Add some seitan or deli vegan ham for extra protein. Really, the options are endless.
I personally used sriracha sauce on top, but I can imagine ketchup would be great, or leave the sauces out. Up to you!
How To Make a Vegan Omelette:
This chickpea flour omelette comes together super easily!
First, you make the batter which involves, like I said, chickpea flour and black salt, among a few other pantry staples. Mix it up and let it sit for a few minutes to settle. Then the batter is cooked, just like you would a pancake.
The veggies get cooked up in just a bit of garlic and oil. I like to keep them crunchy side.
Finally, plate the omelette and stuff it with the veggies, and vegan cream cheese if you like.
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Omelette, and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/ message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Omelette
- For the Vegan Omelette:
- 1/2 cup/65g chickpea flour aka gram flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- A pinch of kala namak or to taste
- 3/4 cup/177ml of water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the Veggie Filling:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper sliced into strips
- A few slices of courgettes
- 2 small mushrooms sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove minced
- For spreading: pick your favorites
- 1 tbsp Cashew cream cheese optional (see recipe here)
- 1 tbsp Vegan Ricotta cheese optional (see recipe here)
- 1 tbsp Your favorite vegan cheese shredds optional
- Hot sauce or ketchup optional
- Make the Vegan Omelette batter first:
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, flax seeds, baking powder, turmeric, paprika, kala namak and black pepper. Add the water and soy sauce and whisk until blended.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Coat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and place it over medium heat. Pour the batter into the skillet. Cook the omelet until bubbles appear in the center, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the omelet to the plate. Recoat the frying pan with another tbsp of olive oil.
- Add all of the veggies and stir-fry to desired tenderness, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season the veggies with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the Veggie Vegan Omelette:
- Spread the omelet with cashew cream cheese and the cooked veggies. Fold over and top with toppings of choice. I drizzled sriracha sauce.
- I hope you enjoy this Easy Vegan Omelette!