The most delicious Easy Healthy Vegan Pad Thai! Veggies, tofu, and rice noodles come together with a fabulous authentically flavored sauce. Better than a restaurant!
I love Thai food so much, I could literally live off just eating Thai food! I have so many recipes on my blog that’s Thai inspired.
So one of my favorite things to order at a Thai restaurant is vegan pad thai.
If you ask for a version with tofu instead of chicken and tell them to leave the egg and make it without fish sauce, they will usually do it for you without an issue.
But THIS vegan pad thai is so good, there is no need to put any other sauce on it. It’s saucy and so flavorful.
Making this dish necessitated me buying an ingredient I had never bought before – tamarind paste. It’s a crucial flavor component of the sauce.
HOW TO SERVE THIS VEGAN PAD THAI:
Serve topped with some crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro, and a few bean sprouts to decorate along with some fresh lime for a restaurant-worthy dish.
HOW TO STORE THIS PAD THAI:
Leftovers keep very well in the fridge for 2-3 days and can be reheated in the pan or the microwave until heated through.
Let’s make some Thai!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Pad Thai if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Pad Thai
- 7 oz 200g Rice Noodles (usually about half a pack)
- 1 8 oz ~220g Block Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 1 and 1/2 oz 42g Bean Sprouts*
- For the tofu: optional just adds extra flavor and crispness
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- For the Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Curry Paste*
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce*
- 1/4 cup 60ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- For Serving:
- 1/2 cup 75g Peanuts
- Bean Sprouts
- Prepare the noodles as per the packet instructions and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Chop the tofu into small squares and roll the pieces into the cornflour and herb mix. place it on a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake in the oven at 390°F for 20 minutes.
- Chop the onion and slice the red bell pepper and carrot into strips. Add the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- When the tofu is baked, the vegetables are chopped and ready, the sauce is mixed and the noodles are prepared then you’re ready to start.
- Add the chopped onion to a wok with 1 Tbsp Sesame oil. Sauté until slightly softened. Add in the red bell pepper and carrot. Alternatively stir fry (lid off) and steam (lid on) until the vegetables are slightly softened. If your wok doesn’t have a lid, don’t worry, just stir fry until slightly softened, it will just take a tiny bit longer.
- Add in the noodles and the sauce and stir fry until the noodles are cooked. Taste test regularly until the noodles have the right texture.
- Throw in the tofu and most of the bean sprouts (keep some behind for serving) and just mix in with the noodles and the sauce so everything is well coated.
- Serve topped with crushed peanuts, a sprig of cilantro, a few bean sprouts on top, and some fresh lime.