This Easy Healthy Vegan Pesto Pasta is a delicious quick and easy summer recipe! It can be served as a main dish or side dish, and you can enjoy it warm or cold! Full instructions on how to make your own basil pesto are included, or you can make it even easier and use store-bought!
This recipe is extra green! We got spinach going on in there, green pesto, green peas…I mean green, green, green!
One of the things I love the most about summertime is the abundance of fresh herbs, especially basil! This Pesto Pasta recipe (also known as pasta al pesto) is a great way to use all the delicious fresh basil growing in your garden and available at the farmer’s market! It’s an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love!
This Pesto Pasta calls for making your own pesto sauce, but don’t let that intimidate you! It’s really easy and only takes 5 minutes to whip up homemade pesto! Mix it into your favorite pasta, add some toasted pine nuts, and presto, you have a fresh & delicious meal or side dish ready in 20 minutes!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Pesto Pasta if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Healthy Vegan Pesto Pasta
- 400 g/14.1oz desired pasta
- 250 g/8.8oz of frozen peas
- 4 handfuls of spinach divided
- 100 g//3.5oz of pistachio nuts
- 250 g/8.8oz of quartered cherry tomatoes
- 30 g/1oz of nutritional yeast flakes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 handful of basil
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions until al-dente. About 8 minutes. Add the peas, and 2 handfuls of spinach. Cook for 2 minutes and take off the heat.
- Take half a cup of the cooking liquid and keep it aside! In a food processor add the pistachios, the other two handfuls of spinach, the nooch (nutritional yeast flakes), olive oil, the garlic, the basil, the salt, chili flakes and finally the reserves pasta water we kept. Blend till smooth. Add the pesto to the pasta pot together with the quartered cherry tomatoes and mix well. Serve and enjoy!
Freezes well too, for up to a month!