This Easy Healthy Vegan Red Thai Noodle Curry is ready in just 30 minutes and is served with a delectable creamy coconut sauce, with vegetables and crispy pieces of tofu. It’s one of those meals that can be made for a quick weeknight dinner or enjoyed as a fancier date night in option. We’ve done both and we’re happy eating this no matter what the occasion!
It’s also ideal for the cold winter days, a super warming dish with a gentle heat from the spices! Just perfect!
How to Make Crispy Tofu
The first component of this recipe is our tofu. Whenever I order tofu curry from Thai restaurants in our area it’s always crispy and adds a really nice texture to the dish. But in those cases, the tofu is deep-fried which we’re not really about around here.
To make crispy tofu in the oven, all you’ll need is a block of extra firm (or super firm) tofu, a baking sheet, some parchment paper, and an oven. Simply cut the block into cubes, place the cubes on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake the tofu for about 30 minutes at 425ºF/200C until it’s crispy! You’ll want to flip it halfway through for even cooking, but the end result is spectacular!
The tofu is crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and is the perfect addition to these red curry noodles!
Ideally, it’s best to do the red Thai paste yourself, but today we were a bit lazy, and used pre-made one for a quicker meal! But sure, if you want to go the extra mile and make it yourself – even better!
Seriously, don’t take example from us, sometimes we can be very lazy!
How to cook this Easy Healthy Vegan Red Thai Noodle Curry
These red curry noodles aren’t like a traditional curry. Rather than it being a brothy soup-like texture that you serve over rice, these noodles are saucy. The coconut milk-based sauce is on the thicker side, but it ends up making the dish easier to eat and just delicious!
When you look at the instructions it might seem like there’s a lot going on, but it’s actually just three simple components that, if you do them in order, won’t take you long at all:
- Crispy tofu: Get this in the oven first, then move onto the other steps.
- Vegan red curry sauce: Next, get this going and let it simmer while you make component three.
- Noodles and veggies: Cook the noodles according to the package and add the veggies into the same pan when they have 2 – 3 minutes left in their cooking.
And if you follow that order, your dinner will be ready in just about 30 minutes! Simple and absolutely scrumptious!
for the tofu:
1 block extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon of Garlic powder ( optional )
Pinch of Paprika ( optional )
for the curry sauce:
1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
1 large shallot chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons grated ginger (about 2″)
1/4 cup/56g of red curry paste
1 (14.5oz)/ 400ml can/tin of full-fat coconut milk
1 (14.5oz)/400ml can/tin of light coconut milk
3 tablespoons low sodium tamari ( soya sauce )
for the add-ins:
1 (10 oz) package gluten-free ramen noodles or rice noodles
2 cups/250g of broccoli florets (+ stems, optional)
1 cup ( about 2 medium-sized carrots ) sliced carrots
One cup ( about 2 small peppers ) sliced red pepper
1 bunch of spring onions ( to decorate optionally)
1 red chili sliced ( to decorate optionally)
Sesame seeds to sprinkle
1. Prepare the tofu: Preheat the oven to 425ºF/200c and spray a pan with cooking spray. Cut into cubes and add to the pan. Spray with another layer of cooking spray, sprinkle with salt & pepper or any additional herbs you like and bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
2. Prepare the sauce: While the tofu is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet and add the shallot, garlic, and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Add the red curry paste, coconut milk, and tamari, and bring to a boil. Turn down the simmer and simmer until ready to serve.
3. Prepare the noodles: Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Add your vegetables when there are three minutes in the cooking. Strain everything and add it to the sauce along with the tofu.
4. To finish: Toss the noodles, vegetables, and tofu together until combined, then divide between four bowls. Sprinkle with diced spring onions or chili and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Per 4 servings:
Easy Healthy Vegan Red Thai Noodle Curry
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 30g188%
Vitamin A 9275IU186%
Vitamin C 96.5mg117%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.