These Easy Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Cookies are healthy, cheap, and take very little work. Crispy goodness in one bite! Deliciously oil-free and gluten-free, these cookies are perfect for any diet!
It’s ideal for when you are missing something sweet, but guilt-free.
I love this healthy cookie recipe as it’s sweetened just with sweet potato, banana, and a touch of maple, making it cheap and easy to source the ingredients.
This cookie recipe is great for children as it can be called a cookie and it tastes so good they don’t realize it’s actually healthy. A great filling on the go breakfast as it’s loaded with protein, fiber, nutrition, and complex unrefined carbohydrates that keep you filled.
Few Helpful TIPS:
Use very ripe bananas with brown spotted skins. Since these cookies are naturally sweetened, you want to make sure to use very sweet bananas.
If possible, use a scale to weigh your flour/s for best results. If you do not have a kitchen scale, spoon, and level your flour into your measuring cup. Don’t scoop from the bag, or you may end up with too much.
If you don’t have oat or quinoa rice flour, you may sub both for all-purpose whole wheat flour. Use 110g (approx 3/4 cup) with similar results, only if you’re not avoiding gluten.
These healthy cookies are great for babies, kids, and adults alike. To make them for toddlers and little ones, use a smaller cookie scoop to make around 22-24 bite-sized cookies. Also great for baby-led weaning, just skip the optional maple syrup, if preferred.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found these Easy Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Cookies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Cookies
- 1.25 cups mashed sweet potato from approx 1 large potato 2.5 cups cubed
- 1/2 cup mashed banana from approx 2 medium bananas use RIPE bananas
- 70 g oat flour approx 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp use gluten-free if preferred
- 50 g quinoa flour approx 1/4 cup or use more oat flour
- 70 g quick-cooking steel-cut oats or rolled oats approx 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F/175c, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and cube your sweet potato and add them to a pan or pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until soft, approx 8-10 minutes. Drain and return to the pan and mash with a potato masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan with your mashed potato and mix well. The batter will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop to make your cookies, placing them on your baking tray. Then, gently press each one down with a fork to flatten and shape. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes and enjoy.