Easy Healthy Vegan Zaalouk that you will absolutely love. It’s packed full of flavors, it’s relatively low on calories.
If you love eggplant, and particularly middle eastern cuisine, you will absolutely love this recipe. it’s easy, it packs a punch, it’s simply an explosion of comfort flavor.
Tomatoes and eggplants work like a dream together, so this recipe didn’t miss having these two together. Eggplant tomato dip zaalouk is absolutely gluten-free and vegan of course.
What To Serve With Zaalouk?
What to eat with zaalouk you may wonder – I like to serve it with toasted bread or pita bread. But, you can spread it on toast, on flatbreads, or use it as a side dish to accompany your main meal. It pairs well with chickpeas, falafel, or as a side dish to your tofu scramble for breakfast.
What Is Zaalouk?
Zaalouk is a Moroccan salad of cooked eggplants and tomatoes. Traditionally, the eggplant is first grilled and then mixed with the tomatoes as well as the spices and garlic.
Moroccan zaalouk has many different ways of making it. Some people just cook everything together in a pan (like I did) others will grill the eggplants first, cook the tomatoes and garlic separately, then mix in the grilled eggplants. The ways of cooking it really are endless.
How To Make Zaalouk Recipe:
You will need the following ingredients:
4. Onion + Garlic
6. Olive Oil
Heat the olive oil, then add the garlic and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices and eggplant, then cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp of water and salt then stir and cook for about 25 minutes until the mix looks mushy and soft.
Serve and eat up with toasted bread!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Zaalouk if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Vegan Recipes:
1. Vegan BBQ Pulled Eggplant
2. Vegan Eggplant Cream Cheese Stuffed Rolls
3. 20-Minute Eggplant Pak Choi Stir-Fry
Easy Healthy Vegan Zaalouk
- 1 large eggplant chopped
- 4 juicy tomatoes chopped
- 1 small brown onion - sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of ground coriander
- 2 tbsp of ground cumin
- 2 tbsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 bunch of chopped cilantro
- Prepare the veggies as suggested above in the ingredient list.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then add the garlic and onion.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices and eggplant, then cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, 2 tbsp of water and salt then and cook on meduim heat for about 25 minutes stirring frequentlt until the mix looks mushy and soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023