So, I had an abundance of zucchini, so decided to make these amazing Easy Healthy Vegan Zucchini ‘Meatballs’ (Oil + Gluten-Free). They worked fantastically, and I ended up using a couple of other ingredients that needed using in these meatballs.
I had them in my wraps, topped them on my salad, and even topped them on my soup! They are so yummy and versatile.
Also, If you’re having trouble getting veggies into your little ones (or yourself), these veggie meatballs are for you! Loaded with veggies, and 100% wholesome ingredients, these “meatballs” are just what your menu needs.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE ZUCCHINI MEATBALLS:
- They’re made using tons of healthy ingredients like zucchini, carrots, and chickpeas, walnuts…
- Baked, not fried! To keep the healthy train going, these delicious bites are baked, rather than fried, with no oil required at all, which still brings them this crunch on the outside, and softens in the middle!
- All you need is 15 minutes of hands-on time preparing these bad boys, then stick them in the oven.
- Kids LOVE these! That alone makes parents everywhere do a little happy dance.Are you convinced to try these yummy veggie ‘meatballs’ now?
Do let me know how you found this Easy Healthy Vegan Zucchini ‘Meatballs’ (Oil + Gluten-Free) if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Healthy Vegan Zucchini 'Meatballs' (Oil + Gluten-Free)So, I had an abundance of zucchini, so decided to make these amazing Easy Healthy Vegan Zucchini 'Meatballs' (Oil + Gluten-Free). They worked fantastically.
- 1 cup/150g shredded zucchini approx 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup/150g shredded carrot approx 1 medium carrot
- 1 small diced white onion
- 1 13.5 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup/65g walnuts
- 1/2 cup/45g quick-cooking steel-cut oats or rolled oats Gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce or soy sauce if not avoiding gluten
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée
- 1/2 lemon juiced plus zested
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F/200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until combined, but do not overprocess. Some chunkier pieces are totally fine.
- Divide the mixture into 12-15 balls and place it on your prepared baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are golden brown and meatballs are firm to the touch. Then remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite pasta and marinara sauce.
NotesFor nut-free: you may sub the walnuts for pumpkin seeds with similar results.
Do not over-process the mixture, you want the ingredients to combine, but leave some chunkier pieces for great texture. Leftovers keep refrigerated for 3-4 days or frozen for up to 2 months. Each Bite contains 95 calories.
NutritionCalories: 95kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023