An amazing Easy Homemade Vegan Ketchup Recipe to try right now!
If you like ketchup, but you are trying to eat healthier homemade food – this recipe is for you!
No preservatives or nasty stuff here!
The recipe is super easy to make as well.
This recipe is low-cost, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Keto/Low Carb, Easy, Weight Loss/Low-Cal.
The original ketchup you buy at the stores is made using unhealthy amounts of refined sugars. This recipe can be made keto-friendly if you use monkfruit sweetener, however, you can also use coconut sugar.
Either way, this recipe is tons healthier and better than the shop-bought ketchup.
Enjoy this homemade ketchup at your next vegan barbecue with those vegan burgers!
How To Make Homemade Ketchup:
Here are the steps that you will need to make this sugar-free ketchup.
Add good quality tomato paste, water, monkfruit sweetener or coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar, salt, and spices to a medium-sized saucepan.
Mix well and simmer the ketchup over low heat for 30 minutes with a lid on the pan. Make sure you stir the ketchup every 5 minutes. Remove lid and let it cook for another 15 minutes.
To make the homemade sugar-free ketchup smooth and creamy, blend it or use a hand blender for 30 seconds on high. Allow the ketchup to cool and store in the fridge for 3 weeks. The flavor of the ketchup will get better the second day.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Homemade Vegan Ketchup Recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Homemade Vegan Ketchup Recipe
- 3/4 cup/6 ounces/170g tomato paste
- 1 cup/220ml of water
- 5 tablespoons of monkfruit for a keto version or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup/60ml of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon each onion & garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon unrefined salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium size pot and mix well. On low heat, bring it to a simmer, place a lid on the pot, and cook for 30 minutes. Stir the ketchup every 5 minutes. You may want more sugar, or more vinegar, but trust me, these ingredient measurements should be balanced well.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid and let cook another 15 minutes open. The texture should be slightly looser than ketchup and will thicken after it cools. Remove the cloves and cinnamon stick and carefully blend the ketchup using a hand blender or blender, this will whip some air into it and make the ketchup smooth and give it more body.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023