You’re going to fall in love with this Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant recipe! It’s full of flavor, packed with veggies, and it doesn’t take very long to prepare!
I’ve been on a serious Mediterranean food kick lately. Just gimme all chickpeas, hummus, parsley, cucumber, and tomatoes.
Problem? No. Obsession? Perhaps. Healthy? Always.
To make this dish even more Mediterranean, drizzle with tahini, instead of my weird choice of sriracha sauce 😀
So today we’re going to make these baked eggplants stuffed with quinoa, tomatoes, and mushrooms. It’s a really simple dish to put together, uses just a handful of ingredients (most of which I bet you already have!), and is ready in about 30 minutes. And makes a bomb lunch/dinner/appetizer/side dish….you name it!
Our stuffing is a simple blend of quinoa, tomatoes, finely chopped mushrooms (which aren’t technically Mediterranean but give a nice meaty texture to the recipe), shallots, garlic, and a few spices, that gets sauteed in some olive oil until it’s sizzling hot.
Then just scoop it into the soft eggplant, bake for another few minutes and that’s pretty much it!
What’s your favorite Mediterranean meal? I’m looking for more recipes to try, so let me know your picks in the comments below!
And if you end up making this recipe, do let me know how you found this Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me/tag me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Eggplant
- 1 eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 medium shallot diced about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup/4-5 chopped button mushrooms
- 2-3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup/85g cooked quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley + more to garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sriracha sauce to drizzle optional
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF/200c. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet. Once add all the shallots and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms have softened, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, quinoa, and spices, and cook until the liquid has evaporated. Add the seasoning and tahini and combine them.
- Once the eggplant has cooked for 20 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 350ºF/180c. Scoop out the eggplant flesh and put it into the quinoa mixture and mix. stuff each half of eggplant with the tomato-quinoa mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, drizzle some sriracha sauce!