This Easy No-Added Oil Creamy Zucchini Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfectly summery. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
It’s low cal, filling snack. Perfect for a light snack, or a side dish for a hot summer day.
Why this hummus is so flippin’ healthy:
- Chickpeas are protein-rich and a great source of fiber.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels, and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack that is rich in protein,slow-release smart carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E.
I mean, what’s not to like about hummus?! It’s healthy, creamy, versatile, easy to make, can be used for pretty much anything…need a snack? -> hummus! Need a party food idea -> Hummus! Need an appetizer -> Hummus! Need a picnic food -> Hummus! And etc, etc ,etc.
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Zucchini Hummus:
- Easy recipe – The Food-processor does all the work for you.
- Quick preparation – Hummus only takes minutes to make if you are using ready-cooked chickpeas!
- Nutritious – all the ingredients in this zucchini hummus are healthy, fiber, and protein-rich. It’s also high in vitamins, minerals, and a touch of healthy fats there. And last but not least – IT’S FREAKING DELICIOUS!
Tips For Making This Superfood Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more zucchini, fewer chickpeas, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this sweetcorn hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself.
Do let me know how you found this Easy No-Added Oil Creamy Zucchini Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Vegan Hummus Recipes:
This Easy No-Added Oil Creamy Zucchini Hummus
- 1, 1/2 cups/225 of roasted and cooled zucchini
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drained
- 1 tbsp of water if needed to help to blend
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp of fresh or dried parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- To cook the zucchini:Preheat the oven at 375F/180C.add the sliced zucchini onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Cool them before blending with the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor (except the water) and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. If it's too thick, add the water to slightly thin it.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac, roasted zucchini.