These Easy No-Cook Vegan Super Chocolatey Healthy Brownies are incredibly delicious and healthy!
There is no cooking involved, and it’s super easy to make them. It’s my favorite snack, and it’s the ultimate dessert to finish a meal.
Simply warm this brownie in the microwave for 10 seconds, top it up with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream and enjoy!
You can make brownies out of the mix, you can even shape it into bites, you can eat it as a healthy chocolatey ‘cookie- dough’ The options are enormous!
You can use any nut butter you like, I used peanut butter because I had some in my cupboard!
Here is our recipe of making nut butters –>How To Make Nut Butters
There are only a few ingredients that you will need and strong arms to mix!
- Blanched hazelnuts
- Cocoa powder
- Almond butter or any nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
Now there is a lot of room to play with this recipe. I used hazelnuts, because hello – hazelnuts and chocolate is a marriage made in heaven! But you can easily use almonds instead.
Also, you can just buy premade almond flour, so you don’t have to make it yourself.
I used chocolate chips in my recipe to make it a bit more chocolatey, but that’s absolutely optional and it still tastes amazing without them.
Simply combine both the dry and wet ingredients together, and mix well! It might be quite difficult to mix, it might seem a bit dry, but don’t be tempted to add any liquid, it needs to be firm, so it holds its brownie shape.
Now, you can place the mixture in an 8-inch square baking pan, an 8-inch cake tin, or even a loaf tin! it’s all up to you! It will all work, it’s all to do with the shape when it comes to which tin you would like to use.
Do let me know how you found these Easy No-Cook Vegan Super Chocolatey Healthy Brownies if you try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Makes about 8-10 squares
1 cup/130g of whole hazelnuts
1 cup/100g of cocoa powder
2/3 cup/100g of chocolate chips (optional)
1 1/3 cups/330g of Almond butter, or any nut butter, (I used peanut butter for this recipe)
1/2 cup/160g of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, wax paper, or foil. Set aside.
In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the hazelnuts and whizz until it resembles fine ground.
In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients: the hazelnut ( or almond ) flour, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips if using.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Using a sturdy spatula, stir and fold together until well mixed, and no almond butter or flour patches remain. It may seem dry and difficult to mix, so don’t be tempted to add any liquid because it needs to be firm so that it holds its shape.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Using the spatula, smooth into an even, tightly-packed layer. Slice into 8 large bars — bars will be soft, but firm enough to slice.
Storage instructions and tips: – Store these Easy No-Cook Vegan Super Chocolatey Healthy Brownies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. In the refrigerator, the brownies will become very firm. Follow heating instructions below to soften. – Freezing instructions: Store in an airtight, freezer-friendly container for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 mins before enjoying. Or, follow the heating instructions below.
– For melty, warm brownies: heat in the microwave in 10-second increments until warm. So delicious—like fresh brownies! Be careful, as they’re very soft after warming.