These Easy Oil-Free Crispy Vegan Tofu Nuggets Nuggets are LEGIT awesome and super TASTY. They are the perfect vegan version of “chicken” nuggets but they are made with tofu instead of meat – but you’d never know!
These are everything you want in a nugget, they are crispy, high in protein, tender in the middle, crunchy on the outside, and absolutely perfect dipped in the sweet mustard dip that’s also featured in this recipe.
These vegan nuggets are my new favorite. They are so satisfying, so perfect, and not so unhealthy!
They are literally made with only a couple of ingredients, and the method is super simple.
They are simply dipped in a batter, then coated in breadcrumbs and then the nuggets are baked to perfection.
Whilst these nuggets are baking, whip up a quick sweet mustard dressing that requires only 2 ingredients!
These Crispy Vegan Nuggets are going to be your new favorite!
I cannot get over how incredible these turned out – I can’t stop making them ( and eating them ofc ) 😀
The only issue is that I could eat the whole batch. In addition, I love how these are crispy and indulgent tasting but they are made without oil in an air-fryer and they are completely cholesterol-free, meat-free and cruelty-free!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Oil-Free Crispy Vegan Tofu Nuggets if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Oil-Free Crispy Vegan Tofu Nuggets
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 cup/90g bread crumbs of choice I personally used panko
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of black onion seeds
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup/60g chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup/ 118ml of water
- Sweet mustard sauce to dip the nuggets:
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp of dijon or yellow mustard
- Preheat air-fryer to 400 /200C. or preheat the oven to 400 /200C.
- Break your tofu into nuggets like shapes (not too big), about the length of your thumb. Prepare one bowl with the chickpea flour and water - mix together. It should form a thick batter.
- Prepare another bowl with bread crumbs, salt, black onion seeds, and sesame seeds - mix together. Dip each piece of tofu in the chickpea flour mixture first, then roll in the bread crumb mixture until completely coated. Place gently in the air-fryer. Bake in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Oven method: bake on parchment paper at 400F/200C for 30-40 minutes or until golden brow
These nuggets will keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the oven make them crispy again.