Easy Oil-Free Healthy Squash & Quinoa Salad that can be done in under 20 minutes, or even less if you already have the quinoa cooked!
it’s gluten and oil-free, can be packed for work, can be served as a side dish, can be served on a buffet….just anything!
This salad is what you need on a summer day. It’s loaded with veggies, and healthy quinoa. It’s perfect to pack for work for lunch and enjoyed outside.
When summer comes, I always, always get excited because – salads. I know it probably doesn’t excite some people as much, but I love summer simply because of the abundance of fresh veggies and fruit.
This salad has all sorts of flavours, textures and stuff going on. I added some pine nuts in there as well, but that’s optional.
Here are some fun ideas for serving this salad:
- Served warm alongside some sticky black sesame tofu
- Chill in the fridge, toss in some chickpeas and take it with you for a picnic
Stir in your favourite protein to make it a full meal. Make this salad ASAP, you won’t regret it.
Do let me know how you found these Easy Oil-Free Healthy Squash & Quinoa Salad if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Salad Recipes:
Easy Oil-Free Healthy Squash & Quinoa Salad
- 1 small butternut squash peeld and chopped about 2 cups/250g
- 1 medium zucchini chopped about 2 cups/250g
- 1 cup/190g cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup/25g toasted pine nuts to sprinkle optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Place the peeled and cubed butternut squash together with the diced zucchini and bake in the oven for 25 min, or until cooked.
- Add quinoa, butternut, and zucchini to a skillet and cook for another minute or so until everything is warm.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, zest, dill, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Either transfer this mixture to a bowl or leave in the skillet and add the dressing and pine nuts/pumpkin seeds. Toss to combine, taste, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm or cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.