Easy Oil-Free Healthy Squash & Quinoa Salad that can be done in under 20 minutes, or even less if you already have the quinoa cooked!
it’s gluten and oil-free, can be packed for work, can be served as a side dish, can be served on a buffet….just anything!
It’s simply a healthy summer dish, this quinoa salad is packed full of veggies, is dressed with a quick lemon-dill dressing, and topped with toasted pine nuts!
Although the nuts on top are optional, if you don’t have an allergy, I would definitely recommend adding toasted nuts – from walnuts to cashews -any nut you have/love.
The nutty flavor compliments this dish so well!
I knew going in I wanted the dressing to be lemony, but I also wanted it to have a bold flavor, so instead of just squeezing in lemon juice and mixing in my other ingredients, I actually added some lemon zest too. By adding the zest, we’re really able to amp up the flavor and add in that bright, happy feel that lemon seems to bring to meals.
Along with the lemon, it’s just some chopped dill, red pepper flakes for a little heat, and a touch more salt to completely bring this dish alive!
Here are some fun ideas for serving this salad:
- Served warm alongside some sticky black sesame tofu
- Chill in the fridge, toss in some chickpeas and take it with you for a picnic
- Stir in your favorite protein to make it a full meal
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Oil-Free Healthy Squash & Quinoa Salad if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Oil-Free Healthy Squash & Quinoa Salad
- 1 small butternut squash peeld and chopped about 2 cups/250g
- 1 medium zucchini chopped about 2 cups/250g
- 1 cup/190g cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup/25g toasted pine nuts to sprinkle optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Place the peeled and cubed butternut squash together with the diced zucchini and bake in the oven for 25 min, or until cooked.
- Add quinoa, butternut, and zucchini to a skillet and cook for another minute or so until everything is warm.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, zest, dill, paprika, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Either transfer this mixture to a bowl or leave in the skillet and add the dressing and pine nuts/pumpkin seeds. Toss to combine, taste, and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve warm or cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.