An Easy Oil-Free Moroccan Spiced Hummus recipe made with whole food ingredients, free from preservatives, gluten, or dairy. It’s Moroccan inspired, made with some freshly ground herbs for the ultimate spiced hummus.
Why this hummus is healthy:
- Chickpeas are protein-rich and a great source of fiber.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels, and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack that is rich in protein,slow-release smart carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E.
Hummus seems like one of those straightforward things that don’t require a recipe. Think of this as less of a recipe and more of a guide, with a couple tips and tricks to lead you to your best hummus yet.
This aromatic and warming Moroccan Spiced Hummus is so addictive! Quick, easy, and versatile, it’s so much better than shop-bought!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy Oil-Free Moroccan Spiced Hummus if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Oil-Free Moroccan Spiced Hummus
- 13 oz/400g can/tin of drained chickpeas keep the liquid
- Heaping 1/2 cup/90g of tahini
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Optional toppings:
- sliced toasted almonds
- Soaked and rinsed Apricots & Raisins
- roasted crispy chickpeas
- Za'Tar spice mix
- Bash all the spices together in a mortar and pestle. Then add the spices on a dry hot pan, reserving 1/4 teaspoon to sprinkle on top. Toast the mixed spices for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic/spice mixture, tahini, lemon juice and zest, salt, to the food processor.
- Let it blend until smooth, adding the reserved chickpea liquid until you reach desired consistency.
- Spoon into a bowl, and top with the sultanas, apricots, and the remaining spices.