These simple Easy Oil-Free Quinoa & Broccoli Patties are packed full of nutrients, protein, fiber, healthy carbs and tons of flavor! Easy to make, gluten-free and freezer-friendly!
These patties are incredibly healthy and filling, and super versatile. You can use them for burgers, in a sandwich, stuffed pitta bread, or to top your buddha bowl! They can literally complete any meal…I even had them as a side to my chickpea soup!
These Easy Oil-Free Quinoa & Broccoli Patties have a slightly “cheesy” flavor thanks to nutritional yeast. They also are so easy to make, use 10 ingredients and are great on top of salads or as a vegan main!
Ingredients For These Broccoli Quinoa Patties
So for today’s recipe, we’re using chickpeas since they have a mild flavor and allow the color of the broccoli to really shine. In addition to the chickpeas, here’s what else we’re using:
- Broccoli: we start by steaming some broccoli florets. We’re using 2 whole cups in this recipe so they’re packed with fiber and broccoli flavor!
- Cooked quinoa: I love using cooked quinoa as a binder in burgers. It adds protein, helps give the burgers a nice texture and it tastes really great.
- Whole grain mustard: mustard will add a nice little kick of flavor!
- Nutritional yeast: our cheesy flavor is coming from nutritional yeast which is high in protein, delicious and also often fortified with vitamin B12.
- Garlic powder: the other flavor for our broccoli quinoa burgers is garlic powder. It’s such an easy way to get that garlicky flavor without the hassle of chopping garlic.
- Quinoa flour: and finally, quinoa flour! The flour absorbs some fo the moisture and helps the burgers hold together as they cook.
And of course, don’t forget the salt and pepper!
Let’s make these babies!
Do let me know how you found these Easy Oil-Free Quinoa & Broccoli Patties though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Makes about 12 nuggets
Each nugget contains approximately 71 calories
2 cups/350g broccoli florets
1 15 oz. can/tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup/ 185g cooked quinoa
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard dijon will also work
1/2 cup/30g nutritional yeast
4 – 6 tablespoons quinoa flour (you can use plain flour, but I am trying to make these babies healthier and GF)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Steam broccoli until tender, either using a steamer basket or just in a small pan with a little water in the bottom. Drain and let cool until cool enough to handle.
2. Once cool, add broccoli to a food processor and pulse until chopped into very small pieces, 10 – 15 pulses. Add chickpeas, quinoa and mustard and pulse until a dough starts to form.
Transfer mixture to a bowl, add in remaining ingredients (starting with 4 tablespoons quinoa flour) and knead by hand until dough can be formed into patties, adding more quinoa flour as needed.
3.Form dough into patties and place on a parchment-lined sheet/plate. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350ºF/180C. Line a baking sheet with parchment, add patties and bake on the center rack for 20 – 30 minutes, flipping halfway through until patties are crispy.