An Easy Oil-Free Roasted Garlic Hummus recipe made with whole food ingredients, free from preservatives, gluten, or dairy. It’s incredibly simple to make, and packs a ton of flavor!
Why this hummus is healthy:
- Chickpeas are protein-rich and a great source of fiber.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels, and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack that is rich in protein,slow-release smart carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E.Hummus seems like one of those straightforward things that don’t require a recipe. Think of this as less of a recipe and more of a guide, with a couple tips and tricks to lead you to your best hummus yet.Contents hide2 Easy Oil-Free Roasted Garlic Hummus
Tips For Making This Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more garlic, fewer chickpeas, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this roasted garlic hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself
Do let me know how you found this Easy Oil-Free Roasted Garlic Hummus if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Oil-Free Roasted Garlic HummusAn Easy Oil-Free Roasted Garlic Hummus recipe made with whole food ingredients, free from preservatives, gluten, or dairy. It's incredibly simple to make, and packs a ton of flavor!
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drained, aquafaba kept!
- 2-3 tablespoon of aquafaba from the chickpea can
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Preheat oven to 375F/200C.
- Wrap the cloves of garlic in foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Once cooked, peel the skin off.
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac, crispy chickpeas.
Notes1. This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking. 2. It can also be doubled. 3. This hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NutritionCalories: 99kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!