Easy Proper Pesto Hummus, that’s creamy, with hints of basil and pine nuts. I have many many hummus recipes on my site, I am really into hummus. But I haven’t yet done a pesto hummus recipe – so today, I am presenting you with one.
It wasn’t difficult to make this recipe. All I had to do is think of all the classic ingredients in a pesto (basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, etc) And added these ingredients to my hummus. Now, traditionally, of course, the pesto would contain parmesan, but I wanted to make a vegan version, of course, so I just left that ingredient out.
Basil pesto hummus is ultra-creamy, with notes of nuttiness coming from the toasted pine nuts. I used an amazing quality extra virgin olive oil that gave it this extra touch.
I like to add plenty of toppings to all my hummus recipes, as I just like to load them. I opted for more toasted pine nuts, basil, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, and fresh basil. Then dipped it with some crusty bread. So yum!
How To Make Basil Pesto Hummus Recipe
You will need the following ingredients:
2. Fresh Basil
3. Fresh Lemon Juice
5. Good Quality Olive Oil
6. Pine Nuts
7. Spices and Salt
8. Water or the liquid from the chickpeas
To make this hummus pesto – add all your ingredients to a food processor or a good quality blender, and blitz until creamy.
Spread the hummus and add your desired toppings. Enjoy!
More Hummus Recipes:
1. 5-Minute Oil-Free Spinach & Parsley Hummus
2. Different Hummus – Heinz Baked Beans Hummus
3. Curried Oil-Free Cauliflower Chickpea Hummus
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this hummus and pesto recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Proper Pesto Hummus
- 1 food processor
- 1 can/tin 14oz/400g of chickpeas drained keep 2-3 tbsp of the liquid!
- 1 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp water or the liquid from the chickpea can
- Strain the chickpeas, but keep 2-3 tbsp of the liquid.
- Place all ingredients to a food processor.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of the bean sauce to the food processor - and process the dip until creamy.
- Taste the hummus again briefly and season to your taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
Volencho5 September 2022 at 16h32
How are you writing so cleanly and with so much love and dedication? You deserve much more viewership. Keep the dope work I can’t wait for more awesome cooking articles kk <3