This Easy Plant-Based Koftas With Chickpea Tabbouleh is currently my number one packed lunch for work!
It’s easy to move around in a box, it can also keep well at room temp! It can be eaten both hot or cold, but cold for me does the job brilliantly.
The dressing adds an amazing nutty Mediterranean finishing touch to this amazing dish! It’s super healthy and easy to make. It’s also:
7. Cruelty-free ( the most important bit )
8. And absolutely delicious!!
Just perfect, ain’t it?
The koftas are made with simple ingredients:
1. White beans – I chose cannellini, but any white bean will do ( I used canned )
2. Gram flour ( chickpea flour )
3. Spices and herbs
The tabbouleh is even more simple; simply roast the chickpeas with tons of herbs, then mix them with the cooked quinoa, add seasoning to taste, and done!
What do you like to pack for lunch?
I am in a need for new packed lunch ideas, so any tips and recipes are welcomed 🙂
Do let me know how you found this Easy Plant-Based Koftas With Chickpea Tabbouleh if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Plant-Based Koftas With Chickpea Tabbouleh
- 13 oz can/400 g white bean drained and rinsed
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 cup/120g chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- salt pepper
- 1 small shallot chopped
- 1/2 cup/100g of quinoa uncooked cooked per packet instructions.
- 13 oz/1 can of chickpeas drained
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of mixed dried herbs
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of dried ground coriander
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- For the kofta:
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190°C.
- In a blender or food processor blitz together the beans, carrot, shallot, and spices. Don’t blitz too much, otherwise it will be mushy. Leave a bit of chunk!
- Transfer it to a bowl and whisk together with the chickpea flour.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and scoop a spoonful of the mixture into your hand and form the koftas or patties, placing them on the baking sheet. Place the chickpeas as well on the side and add all the spices under the tabbouleh section of the ingredient list and mix the chickpeas.
- Bake the koftas for about 40 minutes, turning them at half time, so both sides will be evenly golden. Bake the chickpeas for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa by simply boiling it, or steaming it ( you can even use precooked quinoa if you like )
- To make the dressing - whisk together all the ingredients under the dressing section under the ingredients list.
- To serve, mix together the chickpea and quinoa, and top with the bean koftas and drizzle the dressing on top.
You can refrigerate and consume it for up to 4 days.