This Easy Roasted Chili Squash Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, lunch boxes, or snacks.
Right, you probably know by now, that I am addicted to hummus… I just love love, love hummus. So, of course, I am going to try every twist and way of making hummus. Like Sweet potato hummus, Raw Carrot Hummus, Lentil Hummus, Pea Hummus, and a couple hundred more haha.
The squash works so well with this hummus, as it adds a touch of natural sweetness. For a bit of heat, I have added some chili, and finished the hummus with pumpkin seeds for a crunch!
But there’s nothing quite like the classic hummus recipe!
Olive oil, lemon juice, cumin salt, and garlic…that’s it! It’s pure perfection. But, why not put a twist on it? It’s versatile, delicious, and can be used as a dip or spread in just about anything just like the traditional hummus.
I love hummus and eat it often. I’ve bought it for years, but have now gotten into the habit of making it myself since it’s so quick and easy. All you need are a few basics and you’re ready to make the best hummus ever!`
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Roasted Chili Squash Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Roasted Chili Squash Hummus
- 1 can/tin 12oz/400g of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 or 16oz butternut squash peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 Lemon juice + zest
- 2 cloves of garlic roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (175°C) and bake the diced butternut squash for about 20-25 minutes until it is soft.
- Once the butternut is cooked and cooled - Place all ingredients in a food processor and process the dip until creamy. The longer you process it, the creamier it will get. It shoud take about 3-4 minutes.
- Taste the hummus again briefly and season to your taste.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023