This Easy Spiced Roasted Carrot Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
If you have leftover carrots and you don’t know what to use them for – this recipe is for you! You can even use leftover cooked carrots and whizz them up with the chickpeas – that would be a 5-minute job!
So, you probably know by now, that I am addicted to hummus… I just love love, love hummus. So, of course, I am going to try every twist and way of making hummus. Sweet potato hummus, Raw Carrot Hummus, Lentil Hummus, and a couple hundred more haha.
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Carrot Hummus:
- Easy recipe – The Food-processor does all the work for you.
- Quick preparation – Hummus only takes minutes to make if you are using ready-cooked chickpeas and your carrots are roasted!
- Nutritious – all the ingredients in this carrot hummus are healthy, fiber, and protein-rich. It’s also high in vitamins, minerals, and a touch of healthy fats there. And least but not last – IT’S FREAKING DELICIOUS!
Tips For Making This Superfood Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more carrots, fewer chickpeas, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
I used Homemade Tahini to make this carrot hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself.Do let me know how you found this Easy Spiced Roasted Carrot Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Spiced Roasted Carrot HummusIf you have leftover carrots and you don't know what to use them for - this recipe is for you! You can even use leftover cooked carrots and whizz them up with the chickpeas - that would be a 5-minute job!
- For the carrots:
- 2 medium-sized carrots about 200g
- 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- For the hummus:
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drained
- ¼ cup/60ml of Water/or aquafaba from the canned chickpea
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- ½ a Lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Peel and slice the carrots fairly thin. Cover them in all the spices and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave them to cool.
- Then, add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. You may need to stop and scrape off the sides so that everything blends evenly.
Notes1. This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking. 2. It can also be doubled. 3. This hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NutritionCalories: 124kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023